1" vs 2.5" leveling kit question

Ronman

Reaction score
I want to add some 35 Toyo MT's I already have to my '15 F350 Dually. I don't necessarily want to get the truck too tall though. I do tow with it often. It was suggested I use a 2.5" front and 2" blocks on the rear. I have a 2.5" leveling kit on my '09 SRW and no blocks on the rear with same tires that works good with my trailer.

Based on me not wanting to get too tall the shop I'm dealing with suggests I do a 1" kit on the front and possibly bag the rear if my trailer drops it too much. I can't find any info on the 1" kits. Has anyone done this and is it enough to clear the 35" with no rub?

Thanks

Horsemover

Reaction score
Looking to do something similar with my 2012. Leaning towards 2.5 Carli leveling kit up front and new Fox 2.0 all the way around. Wish I had information for you but please keep me posted what you decide to do.

Ronman

Reaction score
Looking to do something similar with my 2012. Leaning towards 2.5 Carli leveling kit up front and new Fox 2.0 all the way around. Wish I had information for you but please keep me posted what you decide to do.

Went with the 1" on the front. Nothing on the back. Everything clears just fine. I did have a rub at full cock to the right and a steep rut to go through.

It was raining when I got home so I didn't get to do the things I wanted. I did brave enough to drop my horse trailer on it. The truck has quite a bit of squat. I will definitely have to bag it before my next run and adjust the gooseneck. Hope it doesn't put too much lean on my trailer when I level back up with the bags.

Horsemover

Reaction score
How big is your trailer? Are you running the 35's on the stock wheels? Love to see some pics when you get a chance.

Ronman

Reaction score
It's about 37' I believe, 3 horse. I'll try to get pics with the trailer this evening.

I mounted the tires on the stock wheels using spacers. Let me see if I can upload the pic I took outside the shop yesterday.

Ronman

Reaction score
Dually 35's 2.jpg

Dually 35's.jpg

Horsemover

Reaction score
Truck looks great...exactly what I was looking to do. I can't get the second pic to load but it doesn't look like the tires stick out too far in the rear. Do you know offhand the spacer size you are running? Sounds like we are hauling about the same size trailer. Mine is a 3 horse with a big LQ up front and bunkroom in the middle.

Horsemover

Reaction score
Looks really good. Your other pic is working for me now. Thanks for all the information.

Ronman

Reaction score
Glad I could help. I won't be around tomorrow but if I have time on Sunday I will get you a pic with the trailer hooked up after I install the air bags.

Notneb

Reaction score

I have this setup, anything less than a 35" tire will look weird, and with a 2.5" vs a 1" you need bags to keep it from squatting in the rear.

Horsemover

Reaction score
I have this setup, anything less than a 35" tire will look weird, and with a 2.5" vs a 1" you need bags to keep it from squatting in the rear.

Thanks...was planning on 35's but you get a few less options with wheels for the DRW. Haven't heard a bad thing about the Carli springs and Fox shocks though. Just need to figure out wheels and tires. My only concern with the Carli kit is I think my rear has sagged because it doesn't appear that unlevel as it sits now.

Notneb

Reaction score
I like the 19.5" Alcoa's from the new 450's when it comes to DRW setups. If you get full deaver rear leafs, you don't need to worry about pre-existing leaf sag.

Ronman

Reaction score
image.jpg

Doesn't look like I'll get to install the airbags today. Got caught up with other things. I did add some Ranch Hand yesterday though.

Latest posts

Members online