1000 RWHP Build for the summer

RSK

Reaction score
Well finally made it back to drive the truck on dry roads. This thing is unreal, couldn't be happier, still a few tweaks to be made with tuning but overall the truck runs and drives great. Tracks opening on the 1st and the go pro is charged and ready to go.
-Stew

that is a heck of a build! similar goal as mine, run 10.90's but I think 750-800 on fuel and then spraying it 1000 might be a little easier. I don't plan to cage mine and if you know for sure you are going to epping on the 1st i will deff go and run my truck as well which i have been wanting to do since i tuned it January. my will be slow unlike yours only running a little street tune. really does look killer though, I can't wait to crack into the motor!

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
That's great to hear. Exited to see what kind of times the truck will turn.

Sent from my iPhone
-Jerry Bruley-

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
100%, dual fuelers, and a 66/88 setup is a 900rwhp solid all day, 1,000 plus on a baby jet.

Nice to hear from you Stew. Be sure to let us know how it handles the power at the track

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
So far it's made 940 on a truck on 40s. 980 on Stewarts and 930 on craigs

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
ported heads wont make a difference, but what were working on right now will.

madman1234509

Reaction score
I dont see how porting wouldnt make a difference? We took quite a bit out of my heads. The intake runners were slightly larger then my thumb is wide, and now I can move my thumb pretty freely side to side, esp in the rear cylinder.

Another thing I wonder is most of these numbers are with borg warner journal bearing turbos. We all know its all about spool up on these inertia dynos. Wonder if a garrett ball bearing/gtx/precision ball bearing would help that extra little bit. If I had the extra funds I would have bought a gtr or gtx. Maybe in a year or so Ill swap them out.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I dont see how porting wouldnt make a difference? We took quite a bit out of my heads. The intake runners were slightly larger then my thumb is wide, and now I can move my thumb pretty freely side to side, esp in the rear cylinder.

Just because you remove material, create smoother flow path, and it costs money to do, the gains arent there, been there done that.

Another thing I wonder is most of these numbers are with borg warner journal bearing turbos. We all know its all about spool up on these inertia dynos. Wonder if a garrett ball bearing/gtx/precision ball bearing would help that extra little bit. If I had the extra funds I would have bought a gtr or gtx. Maybe in a year or so Ill swap them out.

The GTX dual ball bearing chargers we tried spooled slower than the borg units, the ball bearing chra is used for longevity of the turbocharger. But im not opening the debate of why people think they spool faster. LOL

We will be testing some garretts vs borg on the new race truck again ... whichever motor is will have... :badidea:

Super08Duty

Reaction score
GTX's last a long time and spool really well. That's nothing new to the diesel game. I prefer bb turbos over JB, because replacing them is costly and time consuming. Borgs probably do make more power, but I personally haven't seen one spool faster than a GTX. Just my 2 cents.

2good2Btru

Reaction score
Well finally made it back to drive the truck on dry roads. This thing is unreal, couldn't be happier, still a few tweaks to be made with tuning but overall the truck runs and drives great. Tracks opening on the 1st and the go pro is charged and ready to go.
-Stew

Cant wait to see how it does on the track. What does the truck weigh?

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
GTX's last a long time and spool really well. That's nothing new to the diesel game. I prefer bb turbos over JB, because replacing them is costly and time consuming. Borgs probably do make more power, but I personally haven't seen one spool faster than a GTX. Just my 2 cents.

Gtx 4508 is the biggest turd of a charger on a 6.4 I don't care what you dyno over a borgwarner charger at the track the borgwarner will Win by 4/10 and 5 mph and spool up will be faster with a borgwarner because the turbine wheels are designed to work on a diesel engine

Yes I will say they hold up longer but so will a journal if you keep it happy and balanced

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online