13-16 Spartan tuning

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
It seems as though the exhaust brake function on the deleted '15's is hit and miss with the current offerings. I am pleased with the tunes I am running, however the SCT device itself is less than stellar. It does what it needs to do, but as a monitor it's lousy. That said, with the updates that you are planning I am thinking about making a switch if I can justify it financially.

The only other concern I had with your tuner was with the registration and costs to sell/transfer. I was always worried that I would have a hard time transferring it or selling it.

Chris

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
It seems as though the exhaust brake function on the deleted '15's is hit and miss with the current offerings. I am pleased with the tunes I am running, however the SCT device itself is less than stellar. It does what it needs to do, but as a monitor it's lousy. That said, with the updates that you are planning I am thinking about making a switch if I can justify it financially.

The only other concern I had with your tuner was with the registration and costs to sell/transfer. I was always worried that I would have a hard time transferring it or selling it.

Chris

Noted. To be honest, I use the brake so little I haven't noticed if there has been a performance change so far. I'll look into it and see if there is a way to boost its functionality .

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
As far as custom tuning is concerned: we are getting back to our early roots in this department, and will be offering full custom tuning immediately following the 13-16MY product release, for both 6.4L and 6.7L applications. Both myself and Jeff will be available and accessible to work with for having custom files made for both nGauge and nDash, existing units and new ones alike.

I had stopped offering this several years ago due to several reasons (personal time consumed with other projects, 6.7 development back in 2011, understaffed here at the Spartan office, etc) but we are now in a new, much larger facility, a permanent in-house dyno, and a larger crew. With the workload down, we've decided to start offering it again.

You'll also be able to purchase River City Diesel file sets for our devices soon, for both 6.4L and 6.7L, along with purchasing our devices straight from them with their tunes pre-installed.

One other thing to note, is that we have files in testing now for 2011 through 2014 pickups for installation of both the 2015MY turbocharger, and CP4.2 injection pump. All HP levels for 11-14 will be available with these changes for download on our site, free of charge, shortly following the initial product release.

Of course, if you want a true custom file made for a turbo swap or anything else, we will be available to do that also, as mentioned above.

Awesome I like the sounds of this right here^ will the older DD II be supported for custom tunes also?

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Congrats guys. Look forward to seeing the release of more custom tyooning options for 15 up.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
I plan on getting RCD tunes on my dually as soon it gets released but

do you folks have estimate pricing for custom tunes from you folks at Spartan?

Say extending TC lockup to 55?

Haven't established pricing yet. A relatively simple shift change such as you describe wouldn't be high. As one would imagine, it will vary with time involved.

Default15405

Reaction score
Saw the post on your website and glad to see the updates are on the way. After 3 years of waiting for an update its nice to see the recent hard work to get this rolled out. Hopefully it will solve those issues for the slam, but looking forward to the idea of upgraded overall drivability.

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
Also, will you support the pids that you have in the past for monitoring? I'm still waiting/hoping for SCT to include pre-turbo EGT's for the '15's along with other useful items.

higherlife

Reaction score
I think it will be very hard for them to get people back after all this time and now that SCT is the king of the hill.

King of the hill. No. Only option available. Yes. I'm fed up with the crappy sct "custom" tuners and their lack of...custom anything. They don't even come up with their own custom excuses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
King of the hill. No. Only option available. Yes. I'm fed up with the crappy sct "custom" tuners and their lack of...custom anything. They don't even come up with their own custom excuses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe you're using the wrong tuner?

drservo

Reaction score
How about the original Dasdaq before the XL? Can it be used as a tuning device on a '15 when tuning is released? I can't get it to pick up anything on my '15 when trying just it use for monitoring.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
How about the original Dasdaq before the XL? Can it be used as a tuning device on a '15 when tuning is released? I can't get it to pick up anything on my '15 when trying just it use for monitoring.

That's because the firmware on your DashDAQ doesn't currently support the 2015.