13-16 Spartan tuning

bruce65trojan

Reaction score
Has anyone received their unit and put their truck on a dyno? If so what numbers did you lay down and what mods to your truck.

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
I've had my ******* on my '15 for over a month ,I use 500hp w the enhanced Trans ,some times it locks up in 2nd gear,and most of the time it locks converter in 4th.Dies anyone have any idea if lockup is load or throttle position dependent?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
I've had my ******* on my '15 for over a month ,I use 500hp w the enhanced Trans ,some times it locks up in 2nd gear,and most of the time it locks converter in 4th.Dies anyone have any idea if lockup is load or throttle position dependent?

Make sure you are over 120 degrees on transmission temperature. Enhanced lockup won't occur until the transmission is close to operating temperature.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
I noticed power and shift is much better over 170 degrees. Granted I baby my truck till it's warm anyways.

Swapped to the 550race tune. Without the enhanced shifting. I think it makes a better daily driving around town tune. At least around the city. With the current exhaust being fairly quiet. Normal around town driving you could almost forget the truck is tuned the shifting is so smooth. Then you get on the throttle and it's an instant reminder it got some good power.

The 550 enhanced tune was surly quicker but the convertor locking in second would get annoying in stop and go traffic. Along with towing heavy around town. I feel like the 550 standard race tune is a set it and forget it tune for me, at least until I have to tow my big trailer here and there.

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
I drove my truck today for a good while ,wo towing,my truck only locked up in 4th???I don't understand ,Trans temp was around 186*?.I wish I knew why this tune doesn't lockup in 2nd no longer???

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
No sir,it just doesn't make sense,maybe Sp****n will chime in?.I even reloaded the tune early this am.im yet to tow with it,since I noticed this.Im towing Monday ,so maybe the load will make a difference

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
Strange. I haven't ran into this. I know under light throttle it's not always 2nd that it locks up. What's it do in a wide open throttle run from 0mph?

Ipkyss

Reaction score
500 enhanced Trans

Should lock second anything over 1/4 throttle from what I have seen. The 550race and 450race lock in 4th. The 500 enhanced and 550 enhanced lock in 2nd. Just what I have seen from my truck.

jbair14

Reaction score
I noticed the exhaust braking seems to still be working in the 550 enhanced tune. Pulling a snowmobile trailer this weekend if I downshifted into 3rd or 4th and did NOT push the exhaust brake button it would run between 5-8psi of turbo boost and slow me down. Has anyone else seen this?

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
Why I put my exhaust brake on my boost goes to zero,quickly from whatever boost the cts shows ,while coasting on highway

Ipkyss

Reaction score
From what I understand the exhaust brake is turned off in tuning currently. 5-8 psi in tow haul was normal stock without the exhaust brake

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.