13-16 Spartan tuning

Sullys450

Reaction score
The last thing I want to do is remove one of my vents. That nDash or a replacement for the nDash would be very nice to have. Or even a bezel to hold the nGuage would be cool.

tiderancher

Reaction score
The last thing I want to do is remove one of my vents. That nDash or a replacement for the nDash would be very nice to have. Or even a bezel to hold the nGuage would be cool.

I didn't mind. It looks stock and it is a nominal replacement in terms of cost if removed considering the cost of the entire project. Helps discourage theft as pointed out by Mike at Mikey's Diesel Performance. I tend to agree with him. Now how about those thoughts on setting this thing up to monitor what is important and the critical values of those parameters? Someone must have an opinion. How about Matt or Jeff?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I had an idea... Is there any way you could make the knob look just like the factory 4x4 knob? I think that would be awesome. The whole setup would look OEM
if you want a oem look, why not use the 12v plug cover? nobody would ever know it was there unless they tried to plug in their phone charger.. lol
It's funny you mention that, because my original plan was to use a factory headlight switch (same as the 4x4 switch) with a new bezel as the switch for our device. Other complications prevented that, including the fact that the dash hole behind the 12v port is a different size.

We even went so far as to looking into a broaching tool to match the headlight switch hole, but even with bracing behind it, the plastic couldn't be cut to profile without shattering.

A matching knob is on my long term to-do list.
how hard would it be to make it look like the 12v plug cover?

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Jomax

Reaction score
Yes. I agree. Looks clean. Now I just need to decide which parameters to monitor and how to set their limits. No manual yet to speek of. Any suggestions?
In AZ I can't loose then vent. But it does look good!

Sent from my SM-P605V using Tapatalk

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Blocking the vent off properly will push more air out of the other three. You might lose a vent, but you won't lose the amount of cool air or heat entering the cab. I love the idea of installing it there simply because of how factory it looks, but also how concealed it is.

tiderancher

Reaction score
Blocking the vent off properly will push more air out of the other three. You might lose a vent, but you won't lose the amount of cool air or heat entering the cab. I love the idea of installing it there simply because of how factory it looks, but also how concealed it is.

Amen brother!

Willing to offer up some help with what to monitor and how to adjust their individual parameters?

Erikclaw

Reaction score
If it is 100 degrees out and your closest vent isn't blowing air you will hate life. Now way would I loose a vent. Be uncomforatable so the instal looks nice . meh

BOHICA256

Reaction score
Amen brother!

Willing to offer up some help with what to monitor and how to adjust their individual parameters?

YouTube. There's some people messing with them on mustangs, but I assume you can mess with the individual parameters just like they are. As to what to monitor, Idk what that thing can even monitor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ipkyss

Reaction score
I think I posted this before. Works good for me. Probably would be in the way for anyone over 6ft tall.
image_zpspde4bklx.jpg

Anyone know why the Ngauge has a yellow light that blinks every 20 seconds or so when the display is off? Its starting to mess with my ocd...

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Amen brother!

It's really up to you. Having oil and trans temp already available on the dash screen frees up what you can monitor on the nGauge, leaving you with more than enough monitoring on a 6.7L.

I've never monitored anything other than what's on the dash in the truck in the 30,000 miles I've had my 2012 tuned. I messed around a little with PID's on the nGauge but ended up not using it at all for monitoring.

cappa

Reaction score
I also would not want to loose a vent, although it does look pretty clean. Ndash release is still the ticket for me, any update on it. Hopefully it is getting close. Is the sotf going to be the same setup for both tuners?

tiderancher

Reaction score
It's really up to you. Having oil and trans temp already available on the dash screen frees up what you can monitor on the nGauge, leaving you with more than enough monitoring on a 6.7L.

I've never monitored anything other than what's on the dash in the truck in the 30,000 miles I've had my 2012 tuned. I messed around a little with PID's on the nGauge but ended up not using it at all for monitoring.

What is the procedures for changing the limits (high and low) for the individual monitoring parameters?

Is there a reference guide for critical limits? Having designed this device you must have a reference guide for your consumers?

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
What is the procedures for changing the limits (high and low) for the individual monitoring parameters?

Is there a reference guide for critical limits? Having designed this device you must have a reference guide for your consumers?

nDash has pre-sets from us for recommended settings, warnings, etc. As soon as the configuration tools arrive from our software engineer, nGauge will come this way also. We are still working on adding parameters and cleaning up ones that are unnecessary.

Honestly, I just haven't had a chance to sit down and make a guide yet. Too many irons in too many fires.

If it was me, I'd have EOT and Trans Temp on the dash (since it saves space on nGauge). ECT, Fuel Rail Pressure, Fuel Rail Temperature, and Mass fuel (cylinder 1 is fine). Those are typically the 4 I have on mine.

Last edited:

Ipkyss

Reaction score
The colder it get the easier I am getting this code

image_zpsw6uiknfn.jpg

Basically any time the motor is loaded hard in 4-5 gear with the 550 tune it sets the cel and puts it in reduced power mode. On the plus side. The exhaust sounds absolutely badass in reduced power mode. Guessing the turbo is not active at that time. In warmer temps it would only show that code at the end of a 0-100 run.

dawashi

Reaction score
How cold are you talking? I live in Fairbanks ak and haven't seen this code in constant negative temperatures. I am running the 500 race not enhanced trans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Notneb

Reaction score
Wtf are the 15's so finicky?! My '12: no issues ever! The '15, it's a never ending stream of: what little thing now?

Latest posts

Members online