13-16 Spartan tuning

Jomax

Reaction score
Looks like I spoke too soon. Today my truck did not shift as good. The scary part was twice it would shift from 3 down to 1!!! Smh. Thank god I wasnt at WOT. Apparently my truck just was not made to run sprtn tunes. Hoping things get better, if not I guess I will have to go back to SCT and GH. I guess I learned my lesson on if something is not broke then dont fix it!

hi. Won't say more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TexAg56

Reaction score
And this is no disrespect to the guys of at sprtn. Those guys have been good to me. They respond to all my msgs on FB and I reallze they have their hands full with the damn govt. I am thinking my truck needs custom tuning to work with them and that is something that I know cant be their top priority right now.

redneck1

Reaction score
And this is no disrespect to the guys of at sprtn. Those guys have been good to me. They respond to all my msgs on FB and I reallze they have their hands full with the damn govt. I am thinking my truck needs custom tuning to work with them and that is something that I know cant be their top priority right now.

Obviously every truck is different. My truck shifted like your spar tan tunes on gh/as tunes. Thought my trans wss going out. That was with 15k on the truck, so it was tuning. Tyrant tunes were better, but shifting still wasn't as firm as spar tan is. Tyrant tunes made, on average, 1-1.5 mpg better than gh or spar tan. I know this doesn't help you, but just some observations.

TexAg56

Reaction score
I agree Redneck1. Apparently all trucks just respond to tunes differently. I just made a quick trip to town to vote and had another issue. I came to a stop sign and my truck never shifted down to 1st, it stayed in 4th. Had no power trying to go from a dead stop in 4th gear. Had to put it in manual to down shift. Just my luck! Depressing because it shifted so good when I first loaded the tune! I guess I will try to reload the tune again

mfoltz

Reaction score
I want to thank Jeff from *******. I emailed him and he got back with me and help me figure out my problem with the check engine light. I was nothing to do with the tune it was

mfoltz

Reaction score
It was a plug that wasn't unpluged on the frame rail when I I did my ****** and was causing a fuse to blow. If anyone gets a mass flow sensor code and a glow plug module code that's what is the fix.

strokin20

Reaction score
I agree Redneck1. Apparently all trucks just respond to tunes differently. I just made a quick trip to town to vote and had another issue. I came to a stop sign and my truck never shifted down to 1st, it stayed in 4th. Had no power trying to go from a dead stop in 4th gear. Had to put it in manual to down shift. Just my luck! Depressing because it shifted so good when I first loaded the tune! I guess I will try to reload the tune again
Quick question, do you happen to have a Bluetooth obd adapter?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
Obviously every truck is different. My truck shifted like your spar tan tunes on gh/as tunes. Thought my trans wss going out. That was with 15k on the truck, so it was tuning. Tyrant tunes were better, but shifting still wasn't as firm as spar tan is. Tyrant tunes made, on average, 1-1.5 mpg better than gh or spar tan. I know this doesn't help you, but just some observations.

I've been seeing this a lot. It's weird for sure. Tyrant was horrible for me vs GH.

TexAg56

Reaction score
To me it just makes no sense how The second time I start my truck after loading a new tune (that drove 100x better than previously) that suddenly I have a solenoid and valve body issue. I dont see how I could of done anything to cause an issue. The truck literally drove perfectly after loading the tune, turned it off, slept, woke up and then the truck drives awful.

strokin20

Reaction score
The Bluetooth obd adaptors have been known to cause issues. I believe that's why he asked.

You are correct. When leaving mine plugged in after shutting the truck off it did some weird stuff. Like flashing head lights without running and weird shifting like you stated in the last post.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I FINALLY GOT around to loading the Spartacus Warhammer "rasiedshiftpoint" sotf file.

FANTASTIC!!!!! Shifts just like..... Stock. No 6th gear at 39mph crap anymore. Lol

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
You are correct. When leaving mine plugged in after shutting the truck off it did some weird stuff. Like flashing head lights without running and weird shifting like you stated in the last post.

What kind of adapter was it, a no name elm or a OBD-Link MX?

redneck1

Reaction score
13-16 ******* tuning

I FINALLY GOT around to loading the Spartacus Warhammer "rasiedshiftpoint" sotf file.

FANTASTIC!!!!! Shifts just like..... Stock. No 6th gear at 39mph crap anymore. Lol

Why is there no enhanced shifting available for my 16? Or does is it come under a different name. I like that, short shifting, low rpm, trucker style shifts, but I haven't found any files in my list that will do that. Mine all shift like stock..

Been running war hammer but I don't like it for mpg, cause I can't keep from using the power. Lol

KCCO

Latest posts

Members online