13-16 Spartan tuning

ccmac

Reaction score
We have actually considered trying this, but time hasn't permitted. The biggest issue is the size difference. It won't actually fit in a standard pillar pod, but I'm sure with a little fabrication it could be made to look really clean while also still allowing for easy removal of the micro SD.

how much bigger than a typical guage are they?

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
When do you think you'll have the exhaust brake figured out?

In tow haul on the 500 enhanced tune mine seems to work? Pulling a empty tandem axle 20 foot open trailer, when hitting the brakes and the truck would downshift and boost would be around 9-10psi and ebp would be 12-17psi. Seems pretty decent just having an empty trailer behind me..

Ipkyss

Reaction score
In tow haul on the 500 enhanced tune mine seems to work? Pulling a empty tandem axle 20 foot open trailer, when hitting the brakes and the truck would downshift and boost would be around 9-10psi and ebp would be 12-17psi. Seems pretty decent just having an empty trailer behind me..

did your work for more then a few seconds? Mine would cut out after a few seconds

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
Yes it never shuts off. I've never had exhaust brake issues with any tunes. On my truck or my father in laws dually that is still on pip v6 tunes (been on tow tune since new, no issues yet 10k miles). All I do on either truck is put them in tow/haul on the shifter and the exhaust brake works automatically. Don't even have to touch the button. Now, if I do touch the button then it kicks in for a few seconds then kicks out (boost and ebp go to 0). Again this is how both trucks have worked on any tunes since they have been tuned..

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Mine doesn't. It still makes some boost under engine braking without the exhaust brake. That's normal. The braking force of the exhaust brake is not there. Not even close. My last trip towing I was having to ride the brakes pretty good on some hills where I never touched them stock with a working exhaust brake.

jbair14

Reaction score
I finally put my traction bars on, what a difference that made as well with the shifting. The truck just plain hooks up now and under full throttle the shifts are so crisp they feel better than stock. The more I drive the ******* tunes the more I like the truck. I'm hoping to run against a buddy's SCT tuned '15 in the next couple weeks.

Cheap6.7

Reaction score
I finally put my traction bars on, what a difference that made as well with the shifting. The truck just plain hooks up now and under full throttle the shifts are so crisp they feel better than stock. The more I drive the ******* tunes the more I like the truck. I'm hoping to run against a buddy's SCT tuned '15 in the next couple weeks.

What SCT tunes? This is what a lot of people want to see...

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
did your work for more then a few seconds? Mine would cut out after a few seconds

This is what it's currently doing. The patch fix I have right now will keep it engaged a bit longer, but it isn't staying on (that's what I'm currently fighting with). There is logic overlap in the portion of the strategy used by the exhaust brake, with the aftertreatment system and some of the components.

Will update as more progress is made.

Last edited:

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Are you guys working on supporting cab & chassis models?

If you would like, drop me the hardware part number from your PCM (should be on a white sticker on the PCM mounted to the firewall in the engine compartment, something like "FC3A-12B646-BA" or something similar) in my PM inbox and I'll take a look at supporting it.

We don't currently have it ready, but with customer interest it's something I could knock out in a week or two, with the relevant information provided.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
If you would like, drop me the hardware part number from your PCM (should be on a white sticker on the PCM mounted to the firewall in the engine compartment, something like "FC3A-12B646-BA" or something similar) in my PM inbox and I'll take a look at supporting it.

We don't currently have it ready, but with customer interest it's something I could knock out in a week or two, with the relevant information provided.
now that is customer service! respect!

live life full throttle

jran

Reaction score
Installed my dlete pipe, eg r block off plates, no limit stage 1 intake and S p artan tuner this weekend on my 2016. Absolutely amazed with the power.

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
I agree the power these things have is amazing with just minor upgrades. I'm running the performance tune still but will upgrade to the race one in a few weeks. I'm very pleased just with the SCT canned stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dawashi

Reaction score
Any updates for sotf? How much will sotf cost at a later date? Has anyone order from rudy's diesel? Can wait any longer just trying see who the best dealer is that will ship to AK?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Any updates for sotf? How much will sotf cost at a later date? Has anyone order from rudy's diesel? Can wait any longer just trying see who the best dealer is that will ship to AK?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i got you. call me at the shop. 800-581-8986

Latest posts

Members online