13-16 Spartan tuning

strokin20

Reaction score
Jblair how are you monitoring EGTS ?

I can't answer for Jblair, but one way I know to monitor EGT is using the Torque Pro app on one of my old phones with a sensor from the stock exhaust in my e g r blocker plate. I am also able to monitor, high pressure fuel psi and low pressure fuel psi. It's a pretty handy little device.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jeremy @ No Limit

Reaction score
New guy here but I post a bit on FTE, they don't seam to like to talk about tunes over there so I dropped in here. Do to some extend regen and oil making issues a few parts are about to fall off my '15 CC SRW. I had an '11 with H & S and loved it, I've been eyeing ******* but I do a bit of towing near max weight . Wondering how towing with ****** was since they don't list a specific tow tune like some others.

I've towed about 8k-12k a few times on the 450 and the 500 enhanced. I really preferred the 500 enhanced. The early lockup helps get the weight moving. EGT's weren't ever a concern but we don't really have big mountains around here either.

Give me a call when you're ready for those parts to fall off!

NateF350

Reaction score
I've towed about 8k-12k a few times on the 450 and the 500 enhanced. I really preferred the 500 enhanced. The early lockup helps get the weight moving. EGT's weren't ever a concern but we don't really have big mountains around here either.

Give me a call when you're ready for those parts to fall off!

You guys will be my first call, I've read nothing but great reviews about no limit. What's the difference with the enhanced version? And will I be able to switch between all the enhanced and non enhanced version when sotf comes out? I really trying to wait for the Ndash to come out but I don't see that happening

Thanks Jblair, I'd really like to keep the EB function too but I didn't have it on my '11 so I guess I won't miss it to much. Anyone care to say what kinda mileage you got afterwards unloaded? I'm only getting 11.8 on 35's with uncorrected speedo. I know my regen issue hurting my mileage but I'd like to get back to 15-16 again.

Last edited:

Jeremy @ No Limit

Reaction score
You guys will be my first call, I've read nothing but great reviews about no limit. What's the difference with the enhanced version? And will I be able to switch between all the enhanced and non enhanced version when sotf comes out? I really trying to wait for the Ndash to come out but I don't see that happening

Thanks Jblair, I'd really like to keep the EB function too but I didn't have it on my '11 so I guess I won't miss it to much. Anyone care to say what kinda mileage you got afterwards unloaded? I'm only getting 11.8 on 35's with uncorrected speedo. I know my regen issue hurting my mileage but I'd like to get back to 15-16 again.

Enhanced tunes have firmer shifts and the torque converter locks in 2nd gear. As for the SOTF changing from enhanced to non-enhanced we'd have to ask Matt. All of my tunes on the SOTF are enhanced and I'll probably keep them that way

jcain

Reaction score
I sifted the first 23 pages so forgive me if I missed it, but is there any ***-on tuning for 15+ from *******?

drservo

Reaction score

On 37s I get 11 in town, 16 Hwy, 8 towing

Lasvegas67

Reaction score
I agree with dservo on mpg. And that's after the excitement of tuning settles. Right after everything fell off that skinny little pedal on the right kept falling to the floor.

jbair14

Reaction score
Does the oil temp get that high when stock? 255 is high considering you even have an auxiliary oil cooler.

I too really need the EB to work.

EOT would get that high when it was stock, the sensor does not read past 255*

Factory tuning defuels the truck somewhere around 247* and it falls on its face.

With the new cooler it doesn't get hot as fast, it used to be to 251* 1/3 of the way up Eisonhower pass now it doesn't get there until 3/4 - 7/8 of the way up.

Last edited:

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
This is from my trip to ft Lauderdale from Indiana. My speedo/odo is off with my 37s so my mileage is actually better when hand calculated. This is cruise set at 65, actually going about 68 most of the way. And then a lot of dead stop traffic was involved and driving around while in ft Lauderdale for 5 days. 30mph and below mostly:fustrate: this was on the 600 enhanced tune.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 170

06-sixoh

Reaction score
Thats not bad mileage. Im trying to plan a trip to El Paso, then up through Houston back to Ca in July. Im building my fuel budget around 13 MPG and $3 fuel. I should be dereeted and filed by then. So my expectations for fuel mileage is high.

The 06 would carry 21-22 hand calculated heading up I-5 @75. be nice if I could get back to that.

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
I was at 20.5 on the dash for 4 hours in southern Florida at 82 degrees out. These like the hot air for mileage

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:

JRLott

Reaction score
Best I've gotten was 17.9 calculated, and have averaged 17.4 all highway hand calculated. FYI...mine is IDP not Spar tan tuned, but I wouldn't think it would be that drastic a difference. I'd have to look to see what the dash said, it wasn't over 19.5 though...and I tend to drive a bit like an idiot. Haven't been on a long multiple fill highway trip either. My dash reads 1-1.5 mpg better than calculated. Those numbers are dereted, IDP race, Archoil or Full Torque additive, and pre No Limit intake.

Sullys450

Reaction score
Can someone from Spar tan tell us if they are working on the exhaust brake functionality? Its seems as though tuners had a hard time with this on the 13+ Ram with EFIlive. They eventually figured it out but I do remember it taking a lot of work. Just curious if maybe that is the same scenario here.

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Can someone from Spar tan tell us if they are working on the exhaust brake functionality? Its seems as though tuners had a hard time with this on the 13+ Ram with EFIlive. They eventually figured it out but I do remember it taking a lot of work. Just curious if maybe that is the same scenario here.

I've been working on it a good bit. Yes, it's being a real pain in the ass.

Latest posts

Members online