13-16 Spartan tuning

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Has anyone with a 11-12 switched from H&S to S*partan?

More specifically, has anyone running a 15 pump/15 turbo made the switch?

I'm just wondering if they have tunes for retrofitted trucks dialed in. The 600 enhanced file sounds like it would be a decent upgrade over what I have now. My H&S base file is based off of a 4+ year old calibration... There must be some refinements to the base calibration files from 2012 to now, right?

We've sent out over 10 custom files for that application just this week. Still making refinements to it, but so far it's working extremely well. We have one of our shop trucks under surgery right now for that same swap, so we will be making even more refinements very soon.

maxxedout

Reaction score
We've sent out over 10 custom files for that application just this week. Still making refinements to it, but so far it's working extremely well. We have one of our shop trucks under surgery right now for that same swap, so we will be making even more refinements very soon.

Great! Please keep us posted with the results.

winchester04

Reaction score
Anyone know the differance in the regular 500hp tune and the "enhanced" 500hp on the Ngauge, just trying to decide witch is better to daily drive on?

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
600HP QR

For anyone who wants to try the new 600HP v1.2 beta, here is a link to download. You'll want to remove the .enc tune file from the zip folder, and put it in the "custom files" directory of your nGauge SD card.

http://www.spar<--->tandieseltech.com/600HP_QR.zip

Remove the <---> in the link to download.

This is the beta for our 600HP Quick Response. You'll find snappier throttle response (for the guys who had/have our 6.4 tuning, you'll find similar response to it, minus the jerky nature). Shifting is firmer, but not harsh. Shift scheduling is also slightly delayed at low throttle in 2-3 and 3-4 to prevent lugging with the aggressive lockup. I think most of you will find that drivability improves with this, especially with any tire size larger than stock, or stock 20's. I'll also mention this file has additional holding pressure for the transmission, and should help with C35R and C456 clutch longevity even more than the existing files; will most likely be incorporated into the v1.2 update.

This file is already based off of the 600HP Enhanced, so it does have the same lockup.

Last edited:

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
I'll also note that we have a 500HP Warhammer loaded in our 2012 and 2013 test trucks with these same modification, and will release BETA files to try for our 11/12 and 13/14 customers in a couple of days.

higherlife

Reaction score
Sweet. Definitely a great way to end the weekend. Loading the tune right meow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

higherlife

Reaction score
Let us know what you think after a test drive. If the user reception is good enough, it will become a base file for SOTF.

Well the throttle responsiveness is way better. About hit my head on the steering wheel when I went to back out of the driveway.
I really like how it stays in 2nd locked longer rather than the quick shift to third locked when cruising.
The firmness from 3 to 4 to 5 is a whole lot better. So crisp.
I really like the updated 600 quick response over the 600 enhanced.

One thing, when braking and the truck is shifting down through gears, the converter locked up in 2nd. Is that right? I mean it really helped to slow down the truck but just didn't notice it with the original 600 enhanced.

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Well the throttle responsiveness is way better. About hit my head on the steering wheel when I went to back out of the driveway.
I really like how it stays in 2nd locked longer rather than the quick shift to third locked when cruising.
The firmness from 3 to 4 to 5 is a whole lot better. So crisp.
I really like the updated 600 quick response over the 600 enhanced.

One thing, when braking and the truck is shifting down through gears, the converter locked up in 2nd. Is that right? I mean it really helped to slow down the truck but just didn't notice it with the original 600 enhanced.

That's partially correct about second gear. 2nd has always been locked, however the truck spent most of its time around those "parking lot" speeds in 3rd, so the deceleration effect wasn't as prominent. The issue was, sometimes it wouldn't drop back to 2nd taking off again, inducing lag. The QR file spends about half of that time in second, unless you are going faster.

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
I just now loaded the v1.1 files onto my sd card as well as this QR file. Noticed we have a 400hp file now. Going to load up the new 600qr file and see how it compares to my v1.0 600 enhanced file before I head to work in the morning. If only I could get rid of that dang tpms light on my dash now.. Lol keep up the good work!

Ipkyss

Reaction score
For anyone who wants to try the new 600HP v1.2 beta, here is a link to download. You'll want to remove the .enc tune file from the zip folder, and put it in the "custom files" directory of your nGauge SD card.

http://www.spar<--->tandieseltech.com/600HP_QR.zip

Remove the <---> in the link to download.

This is the beta for our 600HP Quick Response. You'll find snappier throttle response (for the guys who had/have our 6.4 tuning, you'll find similar response to it, minus the jerky nature). Shifting is firmer, but not harsh. Shift scheduling is also slightly delayed at low throttle in 2-3 and 3-4 to prevent lugging with the aggressive lockup. I think most of you will find that drivability improves with this, especially with any tire size larger than stock, or stock 20's. I'll also mention this file has additional holding pressure for the transmission, and should help with C35R and C456 clutch longevity even more than the existing files; will most likely be incorporated into the v1.2 update.

This file is already based off of the 600HP Enhanced, so it does have the same lockup.

Sounds really good. If only it was not going to rain all day tomorrow...

Latest posts

Members online