13 Platinum build… long read but worth it

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
Very true. I just loaded up 50 or so 50lb bags of sand in my truck by hand this morning. I asked myself wtf was I thinking lifting this truckLOL
I give myself a good cussing every time I have to use my truck anymore! Lol. That's why I'm probably gonna get rid of her.

RSK

Reaction score
Very true. I just loaded up 50 or so 50lb bags of sand in my truck by hand this morning. I asked myself wtf was I thinking lifting this truckLOL

yah well depending on how tall you are and how strong you are might not have too bad, but I couldn't see it fun lifting those into a truck on lifted 5.5" on 37's. I just loaded 150 cobble stones into mine sunday and the kid brought the whole pallet over and lifted it up to me and left it about 3-4" above the tailgate. i was thankful for that. but i've loaded 200 cobble stones into before off a pallet on the ground, I was glad my truck is stock height in the rear on nitto 420's but its got the fx4 offroad package and the front is lowered 2" so it sits pretty high in the rear until I put my carli leveling coils and 35's on it. probably why I won't really lift mine much, until its a toy only, plus I tow with it a lot which i realize i can do lifted, but right now my 6.4 and 7.3 are both loaded with tools, cobble stones, a concrete bench in each, all sorts of stuff.

Last edited:

RSK

Reaction score

could you take a picture of where you plow wiring comes out on your truck, like in the center of the bumper or wherever it comes out? the reason i ask even though i know your truck is a 6.7 and have a different bumper then my 6.4 is i want to do a 20" light bar in the center of my truck, but not sure where the plow wires would be able to go if i put a light bar there....and plow takes precedence over a light bar which will never make me any more money.

Jmuck

Reaction score
Mine has a 12" and 40's and I use it for everything. It's my daily driver for a 50 mile round trip commute, pulling my 32' enclosed, boat, hauling parts between the two accessory stores I work for and of course around the house duties. Mower, landscaping materials everything. It's also the family wagon most days or nights (one kiddo is 4 months old) so I have to throw a car seat up in it, along with tossing my 2 year old into his seat. Only time I hate it being so tall is when I have to take my 55gal drum to refill it with race gas for the fast car. It's impossible to unload that by myself.

vrog

Reaction score
B60EE571-032D-4E26-AACA-A9878143BEAC_zpsl6n6xfue.jpg

New tail lights from jeremy at RetroShop. Finishes off the whole truck now. only bad thing is now I have nothing left to do. Anyone want to buy my lift, wheels and tires?? hahahaha

vrog

Reaction score
could you take a picture of where you plow wiring comes out on your truck, like in the center of the bumper or wherever it comes out? the reason i ask even though i know your truck is a 6.7 and have a different bumper then my 6.4 is i want to do a 20" light bar in the center of my truck, but not sure where the plow wires would be able to go if i put a light bar there....and plow takes precedence over a light bar which will never make me any more money.

you could do that. My cables come out in the middle opening in the grill but almost all the way to the right hand side. Driver side fog light side.

Chris.v

Reaction score
May I ask why your selling so quickly? And If so are you willing to sell some stuff off the truck??

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vrog

Reaction score
May I ask why your selling so quickly? And If so are you willing to sell some stuff off the truck??

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just looking to do something new. I would rather keep everything with the truck as its too far gone to put all back to stock and part out the goodies. Well and I'm too lazy to do that.

Jgon08

Reaction score
Just looking to do something new. I would rather keep everything with the truck as its too far gone to put all back to stock and part out the goodies. Well and I'm too lazy to do that.

Sell me the taillights and sell someone else the whole truck.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
How much prep involved in painting the fender emblems? They come apart right?

Jassman

Reaction score

New tail lights from jeremy at RetroShop. Finishes off the whole truck now. only bad thing is now I have nothing left to do. Anyone want to buy my lift, wheels and tires?? hahahaha

I just started modding my Black 15 Platinum..(had it 2 weeks)..and once I saw yours...I could kick myself for not going with my first choice...A White Platinum. Great Job..That truck looks awesome in every way..tail lights and front lights add a nice touch.

vrog

Reaction score
I just started modding my Black 15 Platinum..(had it 2 weeks)..and once I saw yours...I could kick myself for not going with my first choice...A White Platinum. Great Job..That truck looks awesome in every way..tail lights and front lights add a nice touch.

Thanks! I sold this truck 6 months ago and bought a 14 f450 platinum dually. I made a thread about it, check it out.

Latest posts

Members online