13" pltnm 250 ccsw going from 6/37s to 10/40s...gearing suggestions..

13FL-RUFFNECK

Reaction score
Hey guys new to the site and wanted to say there is some nice fords on here. Ok like it says 13" pltm f250 ccsw lifted with 6" fabtech dual fox shox 37"nitto mud grappler on 22s.
My plan is to go with fabtech 10" radius kit dual fox shox on 40" nitto mud grapplers with 20s

I have 3.31 gearing, after reading these threads have decided to go with a 3.55 or 3.73 but need some opinion's.
Thanks and keep on truckin

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Your going 40's? I'd really consider 4.10 or 4.30.

Sean @ Street Diesels Truck drove AWESOME with 4.30 and 40's.

I'd also recommend ditched the Fabtech Radius Arms for OUO ALA's, and dont order anything for the rear, just put on 10" OUO Traction blocks.

The truck will drive 10x better and probably thank you for it itself

PTSUPERD

Reaction score

I'd also recommend ditched the Fabtech Radius Arms for OUO ALA's, and dont order anything for the rear, just put on 10" OUO Traction blocks.

Good advice.

Welcome to the site man.

Layson

Reaction score

Yes, yes, and yes!

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys..

Jerad alil more info on the lift u suggested please?

PM me your phone number and I'll give you a shout and explain what I mentioned. Here's a picture of my 13 platinum I just finished.. I can get you set up perfect
nugebezu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I would probably go with an aftermarket rear leaf like Icon or similar that will give you 4-5" lift and then use the appropriate OUO traction block 4-5-6" etc for your size of lift.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
I would probably go with an aftermarket rear leaf like Icon or similar that will give you 4-5" lift and then use the appropriate OUO traction block 4-5-6" etc for your size of lift.

The only problem is 95% of them throw the pinion angle off a degree or so. Plus you have factory towing capability with factory springs.

Reaction score
The only problem is 95% of them throw the pinion angle off a degree or so. Plus you have factory towing capability with factory springs.

Yeah I hear what your saying but lifting a truck 10" and towing max factory towing capacities is not in most truck owners thought, at least i hope not.

Also I think OUO offers degreed blocks to fix pinion angle.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Yes we do. Dave and I have discussed this for a few customers. We even have a new 2.5" degree wedge kit to adjust it. The problem is it's hard to determine what the degree is changed with the Leaf springs sometimes. I've also found the trucks ride better on stock springs. I had this issue with Guy Gamerdingers truck. We went back to stock with OUO Traction Blocks and voila, perfect ride!

Latest posts

Members online