175/146s on pmr?

RiVerBum01

Reaction score
Found a good deal on some 175/146cc injectors from swamps. I don't know much about injectors and need some advice. Would that be pushing it with my pmr's? What supporting mods will I need? Any help is much appreciated!

bruce

Reaction score
those are 175cc with a stock nozzle. you will need custom tunin only to run them. but to get the most out of them i think you need more air (38r) and either a regulated return or an frx with in tank mods. with good tunes they will be fine with pmr

RiVerBum01

Reaction score
Ok 38r is on my list also, along with tunes. Who had the best regulated return? An what would I need to do with my tranny?

littleredstroker

Reaction score
Ok 38r is on my list also, along with tunes. Who had the best regulated return? An what would I need to do with my tranny?

If that's all ur doin u will prob be good with a valve body ( Bts)
I used DIesel innovations RR And it was beautiful. Everything fit. Step by step instructions .
Gearhead tunes FTW

sent while looking at a hole in my block

bruce

Reaction score
you're only gonna be makin 380 horse maybe with those sticks and a 38r. strictly diesel has a nice one, irate's is nice, di's is nice. as for tranny, bts valve body and maybe a middle of the road triple disc converter, 6.0 cooler and good fluid. you bein so close to swamps they can take care of you

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
What Travis said above, a few supporting mods and it will be a great truck. Matt does some great tuning, with my mods the truck drives completely stock. I think youll do just fine with that injector, a stock nozzle and little more fuel wont hurt anything. Just don't expect to run NASCAR with it and youll be ok.

RiVerBum01

Reaction score
You guys are great, thanks for all he help! I'm working with a pretty strict budget but hopefully I can scrounge up some cash within a few months. Guy wants 800 bucks for the injectors without cores. He said they only have 100 miles on them. That's not a bad deal is it?

littleredstroker

Reaction score
You guys are great, thanks for all he help! I'm working with a pretty strict budget but hopefully I can scrounge up some cash within a few months. Guy wants 800 bucks for the injectors without cores. He said they only have 100 miles on them. That's not a bad deal is it?

If its legit that's good. If you can get him to flow test them that would be best.

I would do the VB first , or keep your foot out of it till you do

sent while looking at a hole in my block

RiVerBum01

Reaction score
Valve body will be on soon, need to change the tranny fluid anyways. Ill look into prices for everything an see what I can do now an what's going to have to wait a little while. Thanks again guys!

Spatel23

Reaction score
Have swamps run the last 4 digits of the serial number on each injector, they can tell you for sure if they are swamps injectors and when they were purchased.

I actually run the same injectors, 38r, and adrenaline on my tow pig. Runs great.

Milford

Reaction score
You beat me to it Spatel.

Tuning is key to keeping a PMR alive. With that small of an injector that will be a great running truck and you should get some great MPG and awesome towing power out of it. I wouldn't hesitate to put those in for a second!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.