190cc w/100% nozzles- My Injector Review

OBS F350

Reaction score
Who is building these? I have not heard of renegade diesel... but I really havent been on the forums much in the last year.

Sheldon D'Huyvetter, username on here is "Redline" PSN username is "stroked 99 1/2"

My buddy bought a truck from him, 03 with his 190s in it, stock nozzles. Running X Race from Innovative he pulled on my 08 running the KEM 210 tune. No loping at cold idle, runs like stock injectors until you start feeding it the skinny pedal.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
I really have to look onto these. My goal is 550rwhp, but 600-625 would be nice too

windrunner408

Reaction score
Yea they are driving really well. I have no idea what sort of power I am laying down. Hopefully pretty soon I will have an excuse (if you know what I mean) to make a trip down there to Bill @ PHP for some different turbo setup testing.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
June 16th, we're having a big charity event at PHP for Morgan Wildman. I'm trying to get Adrian down with his truck, you should bring the "Blue Monster" and come down too. We'd love to have you and it's for a great cause!

windrunner408

Reaction score
I'll talk with Adrian to see what he has planned for June. I know he is thinking about coming down in June. If he does, I'll probably have to come as well (Big Boy or not).

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
June 16th, we're having a big charity event at PHP for Morgan Wildman. I'm trying to get Adrian down with his truck, you should bring the "Blue Monster" and come down too. We'd love to have you and it's for a great cause!

Hmm Ive been wanting to make it to one of Morgans Charity Events, may have to make plans for this instead of TS.. my truck wont be done for TS anyways.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
TS is May 19th. Thats why were scheduling on June 16th. We'd love to have you guys. We're planning an auction too. We've got a couple venders that are going to donate some stuff ( we're looking for more venders willing to donate, hint, hint), then we'll auction it off and give all the money to Morgan and her family. Bill is also gonna donate all the profits from the dyno pulls to Morgan. It'll be an awesome event.

windrunner408

Reaction score
Did another hard acceleration run this afternoon after I got out of work. This time it was with Gearhead's SRL+ RF (reduced fuel) tune tailored for 190s and a stock turbo. This video isnt that great. I kind of messed up holding the camera so you could see both the dash and the CTS so take it FWIW. I also had a little cruising action. To give some perspective on this tune, I really liked the power it had. It felt more powerful than the X-street did but not quite that of the SPD. Its shifting is great for the first 3 shifts but that shift into OD is one that I hate and have hated with Gearhead's tunes. IMO the truck feels like it falls on its face and loses its revs. JMO. It is still a cool running tune and only made it almost 1400F EGTs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okGM0d_tAKc&feature=g-upl

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Is it an early lock up file Nate? Im confused, the trans shifts fine 1-2, 2-3, 3-5, but what about the 5-6 shift before it hits overdrive?

The only way you're really going to judge peak power and to hold it to the floor on all the tunes... LOL You're hott rodding the truck let her eat!

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
If you're only hitting 1400 with a stock turbo there must be a LOT of fuel pulled out of those tunes. You'll def know when you get full fuel tune (1800+ and it hauls ass when you matte it)

windrunner408

Reaction score
Is it an early lock up file Nate? Im confused, the trans shifts fine 1-2, 2-3, 3-5, but what about the 5-6 shift before it hits overdrive?

The only way you're really going to judge peak power and to hold it to the floor on all the tunes... LOL You're hott rodding the truck let her eat!

I dont think it is an early lock up file Greg. Yes, the first three shifts you mention feel great but what I think is happening is the 5-6 is happen too soon (just under 45 mph with normal driving) and when it does that shift, then the TC locks.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
most of matts tunes i've ridden in shift 3-5 around 25mph and then shifts 5-6 around 35mph and then lockup/overdrive is at 45mph.

constantfix

Reaction score
Both tunes have the slight jolt when disengaging cruise control and Chris is working to get me a revised tune.

Just step on the peddle a bit to accelerate above what the cruise is set at, then turn it off. Should be no jolt if you do that.

thanks for the detailed write up of your experience w/ the new set-up.

fordfan30

Reaction score
your truck is looking pretty slow an all for some 190s but i guess your not trying to make power.
Agree with above. On stock injectors one can hit 1600* egt easy.
And what the hell are you talking about 5-6? 5r110= five speed tranny. 5 gears with a lockup not 6 gears and a lockup. I know it feels like six but the name says it all. Its not a 6r110

It's actually a 6 speed and temperature depends on which 5 get used

OBS F350

Reaction score
your truck is looking pretty slow an all for some 190s but i guess your not trying to make power.
Agree with above. On stock injectors one can hit 1600* egt easy.
And what the hell are you talking about 5-6? 5r110= five speed tranny. 5 gears with a lockup not 6 gears and a lockup. I know it feels like six but the name says it all. Its not a 6r110

He clearly states in his post and in the videos that they are not WOT runs.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
eerhtneves you couldn't be more incorrect, and need to do more research. In the 5r110 there are 6 gears and he is right being temperature dependent. However There are only 5 gears used at any given time. Shifting 1-2-3-5-6 or 1-2-3-4-6... that discussion is neither here nor there keep the BS out.

Nate I just tok a quick crappy video of my truck, nailing the pedal in 3rd gear. LMK if you want me to take it down. Thought it wouldbe a good comparison for ya

190/75's tsd race tune, ran out of room LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXAAJboQjXo&feature=g-upl

Latest posts

Members online