196k all original. WHAT are you doing

Wildman

Reaction score
Oil breakdown happens in the first thousand miles. It's worth looking at them at 196k if he plans on keeping the truck. Jmo

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I suppose it depends on your definition of "oil breakdown". A GOOD oil, like Shell Rotella 5W-40, will not break down even under extreme conditions for at least 5,000 miles. However, if you run a cheap 15W-40 dino oil, its entirely possible to destroy it in 1,000 miles due to temperatures alone.

swinky

Reaction score
I suppose it depends on your definition of "oil breakdown". A GOOD oil, like Shell Rotella 5W-40, will not break down even under extreme conditions for at least 5,000 miles. However, if you run a cheap 15W-40 dino oil, its entirely possible to destroy it in 1,000 miles due to temperatures alone.
My truck begs to differ. 1k miles on ANY readily available 5w-40 and track times plummet. Change the oil and pick my speed back up.

TyCorr

Reaction score
My truck begs to differ. 1k miles on ANY readily available 5w-40 and track times plummet. Change the oil and pick my speed back up.

Mine did with stroked a codes and an srp1.1. With a different hpop and hybrids (250/200) its fine. I ran mobil1 5w40. Cold starts were nice but $110 oil changes and no other benefits werent enough to keep it up. My truck runs great with chevron delo 400. I use mobil 1 (lubrifiner filter) oil filters. Its about 42$ to change the oil. If I tow alot or beat the truck it'll get rompy when hot but ive no ***ks to give.

Tim @pis has his oilside work done in a way the trick is consistent and per icp value they do more work than any other brand Ive used.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.