1971 C-20 Cummins swap

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
Clean ones worth restoring are getting very hard to find up in the rust belt.

Sent while I probably should be doing something productive.

They're getting hard to find around here also. Actually those are the only two that I can think of that are nice condition and not completely restored. That's why I want to get a hold of the 4x4. It's an all original, rust free, survivor with a straight body.

Sorry for the derail! Keep up the good work!

markfuga

Reaction score
Nice truck and nice work. Reminds me of my 67 K20 I should never of sold. I have a build thread going in the "engine conversion" section; I'm putting a 97 PSD into a 58 C60 so I can appreciate the effort and fabricating you're going through.

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
Nice truck and nice work. Reminds me of my 67 K20 I should never of sold. I have a build thread going in the "engine conversion" section; I'm putting a 97 PSD into a 58 C60 so I can appreciate the effort and fabricating you're going through.

Thanks man. The original swap was kinda a rushed job, about half way through I just wanted it done. Now that I have ripped it apart, I'm doing everything the right way. If I have to wait so I can afford it, then so be it.

ugysahu7.jpg

u9esezab.jpg

My favorite delivery guy brought me more parts! Fluidampr and Fleece coolant bypass.

521turbo

Reaction score
You have been busy this winter! We will be setting or camper this weekend, we will be on lot 60.

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
You have been busy this winter! We will be setting or camper this weekend, we will be on lot 60.

Not busy enough! Because its still not done! Must be because i spent too much time helping put the new motor in dads long travel. Is that the same lot you had last year? Mom and Dad took their camper up last Friday. I cannot freaking wait to be back in the dunes.

521turbo

Reaction score
No it's a new lot by the center parking lot. What are you going to do for turbos on the cummins.

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
Oh I see. And I had originally planned on doing twins GTA4202 over a cheater HX35. But I'm selling those and going with a single Fleece S467. I want HSP to do the pipe work and I didn't think my wallet could afford the cost to custom build twin piping, hot pipe, cold pipe, intake, and down pipe. And I wasn't sure that the cheater hx35 was gonna take the abuse long term. So I decided to go with a proven turbo.

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
5857332990cbeb3b246d173fd6847817.jpg

bf5e9bb70f0527944d96ed352a0fda53.jpg

For those of you that have FaceBook. I'd appreciate your help in trying to win some FREE injectors. All you guys have to do is search the Ducky Fuel Injection FB page. Find their status about Labor Day Weekend give away and find the comment photo of my truck.

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
Sorry things have been so slow on this thread. But this summer has been busy as hell for me, and my poor truck has been neglected. Well lucky for her she won the DFI Memorial Day injector give away! I went with a set of 6x0.014'suploadfromtaptalk1413300327611.jpg

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
I got a better picture of them last night. I love new parts... Especially when they are free! Thanks to any members that took the time to help me win. uploadfromtaptalk1413378464875.jpg

corsoauto

Reaction score
nice project. is it a c20 or k20?
You box the frame at all?

I had a 71 I was planning on doing this exact thing with. But no time to ever get to it so I sold her.