1989 f150 *unknown* project

little luke

Reaction score
Well did I few things today when I got burnt out on the house. Removed the roll bar..... Turns out I was just setting in there... It's a big paper wieght. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364083792.044975.jpg
Already like it betterImageUploadedByTapatalk1364083846.615956.jpg
I also fixed the shifter. Everything that wasn't metal was gone. It was so bad I couldn't ever find 3rd or 4th. 20 minutes and a few pieces of rubber and grease and its tight and shift like a new trans. The suspension is almost shot. I can squat the bed when I stand on the bumper, and all 6 shocks are ****. The bushings on the rear sway bar are gone too. Let me hear what i could do for the rear end. Id like to lower it a tad bit and keep the ass end level with the front. Oh Hoping to go take a look at that old 70s model tommorrow.

Last edited:

little luke

Reaction score
i had the sorta same truck. same color only way rusty all over and a 300 6cyl 4sp. kinda wish i still had it. so i could throw a super duty turbo on it gated around 2-4 psi and run the chit out of it.

live life full throttle

I've been looking up info on a 4.9 with a turbo, but I haven't found much on how indepth this would be.

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
Go on YouTube. A hillbilly did one with a 7.3 turbo. You have 2 exh pipes on the pass side already so its just a matter of making a mount, connecting pipes and feed/return oil lines. I've been considering doing one myself.

little luke

Reaction score
Any recommendations on stripping this bed liner crap off? Grinder and wire wheel just smears it around. Would that aircraft remover or what ever its called so it?ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364424405.257386.jpg

vcassens

Reaction score
Try a wire wheel on the thin stuff it might work better on it

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

little luke

Reaction score
Hoping to avoid that, wanting to go with a two tone black and burnt copper paint job.

Also got the new shocks ordered today. I believe the 24 year old factory shocks are gone.

Last edited:

AKHILF

Reaction score
You can do a flip kit on the rear axle and get it about 5" lower haha. Did it to my 94 2wd. You'd just have to figure out how to lower the front some.

AKHILF

Reaction score
That's what I'm doing on mine for now. I want to order dream beams but shipping up to ak cost almost as much as the beams. Don't cut to much on the springs though. You won't be able to make it up in an alignment.

Latest posts

Members online