1997 7.3 Rough Idle

WoodBoy

Reaction score
I have bud that has a 1997 7.3 F250 and he is having a rough idle/ miss to his truck. It starts fine, runs fine, other than this rough idle/ miss, you can feel it at all times, idle, rev up, driving down the highway. he said if he gets on it hard it gets a little worse and he can feel it want to stutter. Sitting at idle he can turn his DP tuner up and it will get worse. No smoke, no CEL. Injector? IPR? CPS? ICP? Need the best route to take on a college budget. Thanks guys

WoodBoy

Reaction score
We just unplugged the ICP with it running. It seemed to change the engine sound a little bit but didn't seem to effect the roughness/miss

WoodBoy

Reaction score
No as far as I know he hasn't. It just started doing this not too long ago. He has had the chip for a while

ghohouston

Reaction score
Fpr screen ever cleaned? I doubt thats his problem, but can be part of it. His ipr could be dirty or worn, his injectors could be worn, etc... he needs to get it scanned and have a contribution test done

TERRCO

Reaction score
This could be a number of things. UVCH (under valve cover harness ) bad injector, ect. You need to get a contribution test on it. Check the injector harness where it plugs in at the valve cover. The connectors sometimes short out and burn there.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
im leaning towards injector or UVCH. run a buzz test. swap injector connectors with whichever one doesn't buzz and run another test. if the no buzz follows the connector u know it harness issue, if it stays with the injector u know the injector is bad.

Latest posts

Members online