1999.5 wiring trouble Obd2, turnsignals ,airbag ect..

dragn91

Reaction score
Picked up a real hacked up gem the other day trying to get it right. When I bought it he said he thought the gem was bad flickering gauges no radio power windows ect.. well I got it home put two good battery's in it and tightened up the terminals that were all loose. It fires right up and now all the gauges radio and Windows work fine but there is a service engine light on and also a airbag light I hook up my scanner. No power to Obd2 port. OK I Google it says number 3 fuse for cig lighter and Obd2 I check it. It's good swap it out with a known good one in case still no power to obd2. Then I notice some cut wires and what looks like a splice in the obd2 port harness. Is this harness the same for all 99.5 and up 7.3 superdutys? Or would it be specific to 4x4 or 2x4 manual vs auto ect.. I'd like to swap it out but I don't know what all it hooks to. This trucks turning out to be a much bigger pile than I expected.

JLDickmon

Reaction score
well, they are and they aren't..
pins that are always the same on any & every OBD-II vehicle are
2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 14, 15, 16
looking at the connector, the "fat" row is 1-8, left to right..
11-16 is the bottom row, left to right

dragn91

Reaction score
I'll have to get some pics hopefully some of you powerstroke gurus can come to my rescue. I'd like to kick the previous owner of this truck square in the nuts for all the hacked **** he did.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.