1A Auto Parts 08 Style Tow Mirrors -- Review and Installation (pic heavy)

Mdub707

Reaction score
Item 1AMRP00611

1AMRP01095 looks like the same setup but with the side marker already tinted lightly? Maybe Tony can clarify.

Mike, as always, excellent write up. Always nice seeing pictures of your truck. How do you not show that thing off more!!!:poke:

Thanks Steve! Never really considered doing a full write up, but that might be a cool way for me to document everything that's been done.

Not sure there's enough bandwidth for a write up of that caliber...

1ATony

Reaction score
1AMRP01095 looks like the same setup but with the side marker already tinted lightly? Maybe Tony can clarify.

Mike, as always, excellent write up. Always nice seeing pictures of your truck. How do you not show that thing off more!!!:poke:

Yes this part number 1AMRP01095 has a lightly tinted side marker on it.

Tony

Snake

Reaction score

Yes this part number 1AMRP01095 has a lightly tinted side marker on it.

Tony

Thanks Tony!

Mike, as always, excellent write up. Always nice seeing pictures of your truck.

Thanks Mike!

How do you not show that thing off more!!!:poke:

I'm always embarrassed by how dirty it is. LOL LOL

Translation: ask me for the time, and I'll tell you how to build a watch. LOL

TyCorr

Reaction score
I am still overly happy with mine. The view is astonishing. Pisses all over the tow mirrors on Chevy and obviously dodge.

Slate

Reaction score
Hey do you guys know where I can buy just the double sided tape for the mirror? Or is that not a necessary piece to put on?

Snake

Reaction score
Snake where did you apply the epoxy to?

I put a drop or two on each tab and a 2-3" long bead on the bottom of the mirror. I'll post a pic later today.

Hey do you guys know where I can buy just the double sided tape for the mirror? Or is that not a necessary piece to put on?

The double sided tape can be bought at NAPA, AutoZone, etc
Personally, I'd use glue if the caps fit loosely. Tape will loose its effectiveness more quickly and I'd hate to find out that the tape failed when I watch the mirror cap go skidding down the road. But is the glue or tape necessary? Only if the cap doesn't fit snugly. My passenger side mirror was ok but I applied some glue anyway.

Snake

Reaction score
Here's where I applied the Loctite Flexible Adhesive. IMO, the important spot is the red circle since it's one of the first sections of the cap to move.

Again, I used very little of the adhesive. One thin bead was it.

mirrorglue_zps9a3c5319.jpg

MorganY

Reaction score
Excellent job Snake! They should pay you. I wonder how many people have bought these after your write up. 08's have never been in my plans until now...because they are almost $1500 out the door list from ford. I have a set in my shopping cart now. Game on!

Snake

Reaction score
Glad I could help! Just passing along a good deal for good parts. And showing how easy the install is (I thought it was much more involved, especially the wiring).