1st pull with 6870 Precision

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Lol that thing was moving some air!!! Yeah ALAs don't help the hop. I've tried a ton of different air pressures and it still hops even dirt dragging it hops. Gotta strap the front down nice and tight. Hell of a pull man

Jomax

Reaction score
Lol that thing was moving some air!!! Yeah ALAs don't help the hop. I've tried a ton of different air pressures and it still hops even dirt dragging it hops. Gotta strap the front down nice and tight. Hell of a pull man

Dual front shocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
might just be the tire tread.. how low of pressure in the front have tried? i heard as low as 15psi or dual shocks or both to combat hop.

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
I've gone as low as 20 but then it's a real bitch to drive home. And Im not wasting money on dual front shocks for a weekend warrior that pulls once a year or dirt drags maybe once a month. Takes 5 mins to strap the front end down to fix the hop. And I have a ton of straps around I can grab.

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Where exactly do you strap the front end down? Did you weld brackets to hook the straps onto with or is there a few good factory spots?

Whatever you're comfortable with. Up and over the frame or up and over the spring mount. Only really need to tighten it down enough to keep the bounce out. Not like you have to strap it down until the springs are all the way compressed.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score

Pete,

I mean this in the nicest way, but that statement is total and complete bull****.

Rudys drag truck and MPD's drag truck dong hop breaking into low 10's. Thats on pavement, that bites harder

Do you know how many guys sled pull with these things, myself included?

I dont care if you have a 4 link that binds the front end up. Shocks and tire pressure are EVERYTHING.

There's also a little geometry that comes into play with how the suspension is set up to get things going

I wish people who don't sled pull, understood, that the people who do, realize there are multiple variables to controlling how any part of the suspension can be controlled or manipulated to do what it is supposed to do.

But coming out here and saying that a product doesn't work, when you are using an overly aggressive tire for dirt racing.. is not a very solid argument.

Jomax

Reaction score
Pete,

I mean this in the nicest way, but that statement is total and complete bull****.

Rudys drag truck and MPD's drag truck dong hop breaking into low 10's. Thats on pavement, that bites harder

I dont care if you have a 4 link that binds the front end up. Shocks and tire pressure are EVERYTHING.

There's also a little geometry that comes into play with how the suspension is set up to get things going

I wish people who don't sled pull, understood, that the people who do, realize there are multiple variables to controlling how any part of the suspension can be controlled or manipulated to do what it is supposed to do.

But coming out here and saying that a product doesn't work, when you are using an overly aggressive tire for dirt racing.. is not a very solid argument.

What PSI in the tires would you run? Also, is there a place that sells the dual shock setup?

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
What PSI in the tires would you run? Also, is there a place that sells the dual shock setup?

Thats kind of the thing buddy, I want everyone of the "sideliner" truck pullers who ocassionally hooks to listen to this.

EVERY TRACK IS DIFFERENT. You learn to read the track

Your tire pressure, ideal tire choice, EVERYTHING is dependent on soil type, moisture levels, and how much power you make.

My 6.4 used to flat roll out on Power Tracks, NEVER hopped at 750 RWHP.

BFG all terrains, 16-18PSI front, 55-60 Rear, and anyone who knows me knows I leave HARD.

But I need to point this out. How many REAL competitive sled pullers run Mud Terrains all the way around? Especially full tread.

I tried pulling with Mud Terrains on a REALLY soft track one time, and I literally twisted my pinion off the MINUTE i locked the converter.

Ideal conditions for me. BFGS all the way around, rear four were at 52-55PSI, fronts were at 18, and it left HARD and never bounced. Rancho 9000's all the way around. A set of AFCO's would go much farther.

EDIT: I dont know anyone that makes a dual shock set up thats really easily accessible, Most guys who need them just went some mounting tabs on

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Pete,

You misunderstood what I was saying by "doesn't work"... I'm saying if you change absolutely nothing in the setup and just slap ALAs on its not going to fix hop. I love my ALAs and on pavement they hook like MF'r. Like you stated. Shocks and Tire pressure need adjusted also in order to have a correct setup. I already stated I don't want dual shocks and have gone down to 20psi. Sorry but I'm not swapping tires on my daily just to dirt drag for a couple hours. I do it for fun not trying to set records. Good lord.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
You misunderstood what I was saying by "doesn't work"... I'm saying if you change absolutely nothing in the setup and just slap ALAs on its not going to fix hop. I love my ALAs and on pavement they hook like MF'r. Like you stated. Shocks and Tire pressure need adjusted also in order to have a correct setup. I already stated I don't want dual shocks and have gone down to 20psi. Sorry but I'm not swapping tires on my daily just to dirt drag for a couple hours. I do it for fun not trying to set records. Good lord.

Quote - Yeah ALAs don't help the hop.

They do.. pull before and after with stock radius arms.

What I'm trying to elaborate is you have 3 variables to the equation. And when you say that you aren't addressing the other 2 variables you can't really isolate the third as "not helping" when your choice of variable b & c counteract the good that a does.

Does that make more sense?

50_shooter

Reaction score
Jesus Christ. I love my ALA's for what I bought them for, to control death wobble. We weren't attacking them Jared. I will say though if we are gonna be honest, a buddy of mine bought a 4 link off of you from RCD that handles pulling with toyos better than my truck does. Most guys on here aren't the most experienced know all sled puller 8900lb diesel power challenge experts. Half pisses me off the tone you got there...

Last edited:

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Quote - Yeah ALAs don't help the hop.

They do.. pull before and after with stock radius arms.

What I'm trying to elaborate is you have 3 variables to the equation. And when you say that you aren't addressing the other 2 variables you can't really isolate the third as "not helping" when your choice of variable b & c counteract the good that a does.

Does that make more sense?

No need to be a complete douche bag throwing out the "oh my truck makes 600 more hp and doesn't hop" ... really? Just had to get that in there to make yourself feel cool?

So I have ALAs and aired down to 20psi on BALD MTs... (not full tread so probably less grip than some BFGs. They're literally almost smooth) so the only missing link is dual shocks which even you stated there aren't many easily accessible. What's my next best option short of buying a 2nd set of tires for a couple hours of fun every other week at the fair? or can I just strap the ****ers down and call it a day? Seems like an easy fix short of welding some janky dual shock setup on my truck. Since I have A and B but no C... I see no problem with straps. And yes I still recommend the ALAs to everyone that asks about them every time I go out.

I'm getting G2s in the next couple weeks since my MTs are basically smooth at this point... but I guess us 700hp dailys should just go off in a corner and STFU right? Unless you make 1000+ and pull that bitch every week and have an endless budget just keep your mouth shut? Got it. Guess I'll keep my mouth shut when people ask me about all my OUO products as well.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
No need to be a complete douche bag throwing out the "oh my truck makes 600 more hp and doesn't hop" ... really? Just had to get that in there to make yourself feel cool?

So I have ALAs and aired down to 20psi on BALD MTs... (not full tread so probably less grip than some BFGs. They're literally almost smooth) so the only missing link is dual shocks which even you stated there aren't many easily accessible. What's my next best option short of buying a 2nd set of tires for a couple hours of fun every other week at the fair? or can I just strap the ****ers down and call it a day? Seems like an easy fix short of welding some janky dual shock setup on my truck. Since I have A and B but no C... I see no problem with straps. And yes I still recommend the ALAs to everyone that asks about them every time I go out.

I'm getting G2s in the next couple weeks since my MTs are basically smooth at this point... but I guess us 700hp dailys should just go off in a corner and STFU right? Unless you make 1000+ and pull that bitch every week and have an endless budget just keep your mouth shut? Got it. Guess I'll keep my mouth shut when people ask me about all my OUO products as well.

If you want to have that attitude Pete, then by all means, go ahead!

Nobody put down your 700HP truck, at all. Nobody is measuring dicks here, I haven't even touched that truck in over a year because of waiting for cool parts to go into production, just like all the R&D we did on my truck and all the first run parts ended up into YOURS before I ever touched mine.

I made a point that trucks with much more power don't hop. Its not a dick measuring contest. You of all people should know I don't care what kind of power a truck makes as long as it works, so you need to chill out of with that BS, and name calling like a hot headed kid, really?

You said something doesn't help an issue when it does, but I pointed out where your tire choice can easily counteract the help the part does. You realize that 99% of the people who read that aren't going to look into the details of that. So when you simply say something doesn't work, you're potentially causing future sale loss by the incompleteness of your information. Not everyone knows you run mud terrains, and you didn't specify that. You just said, "They don't help the hop at all".

That's as clear as day, I had to adhere to the masses, and all that equates to, is some dumb kid getting on Facebook saying, I read on forum ex that some guy said that ALA's don't help wheel hop so why should i buy them.

You need to look at the big picture before you get so bent out of shape, if I've offended you that bad, please by all means feel free to send all your OUO products back if you felt I've wronged you by showing pointing out a fault in your statement to save the integrity of my product.

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
If you want to have that attitude Pete, then by all means, go ahead!

Nobody put down your 700HP truck, at all. Nobody is measuring dicks here, I haven't even touched that truck in over a year because of waiting for cool parts to go into production, just like all the R&D we did on my truck and all the first run parts ended up into YOURS before I ever touched mine.

I made a point that trucks with much more power don't hop. Its not a dick measuring contest. You of all people should know I don't care what kind of power a truck makes as long as it works, so you need to chill out of with that BS, and name calling like a hot headed kid, really?

You said something doesn't help an issue when it does, but I pointed out where your tire choice can easily counteract the help the part does. You realize that 99% of the people who read that aren't going to look into the details of that. So when you simply say something doesn't work, you're potentially causing future sale loss by the incompleteness of your information. Not everyone knows you run mud terrains, and you didn't specify that. You just said, "They don't help the hop at all".

That's as clear as day, I had to adhere to the masses, and all that equates to, is some dumb kid getting on Facebook saying, I read on forum ex that some guy said that ALA's don't help wheel hop so why should i buy them.

You need to look at the big picture before you get so bent out of shape, if I've offended you that bad, please by all means feel free to send all your OUO products back if you felt I've wronged you by showing pointing out a fault in your statement to save the integrity of my product.

Guess you missed the part where I said I loved all my OUO products and recommend them to everyone... wtfffffff

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Jesus Christ. I love my ALA's for what I bought them for, to control death wobble. We weren't attacking them Jared. I will say though if we are gonna be honest, a buddy of mine bought a 4 link off of you from RCD that handles pulling with toyos better than my truck does. Most guys on here aren't the most experienced know all sled puller 8900lb diesel power challenge experts. Half pisses me off the tone you got there...

My tone was with Pete who doesn't understand what I'm trying to say.

My point was trying to help people understand why their trucks still experience wheel hop.

The tone was to educate and get people to understand. instead of the blasting statement of "this product doesn't work"

The reason the 4 link can stop wheel hop a little better is because it doesn't allow the axle to fully articulate, and creates a binding situation. So I don't consider it really that they handle pulling better, they just screw the geometry up so bad they cant really move how they are designed to, castor is affected, they body roll, and they cause extreme stress to the bushings in the axle. They also can cause excess stress to the steering box.

I feel that everyone deserves to be completely educated on all aspects of a situation. Why something works, why something doesn't work

I got a little hot because the brash statement of "this just work" when there's other variables to the equation.

All it would have taken was an acknowledgement of poor tire choice for application and I would have let it go.

But you both should realize that people look to this site for KNOWLEDGE, and so many kids and younger folks are so heavily influenced by what the guys who make decent power, you and Pete included are doing.

So if two guys running Toyo MT's sled pull and dirt race their trucks for fun, and these individuals dont understand ideal tire choice/set up (theoretically) with 700HP 6.7's, and say my product doesn't do anything for the front end hop and control, that could potentially cost me serious sale loss, for nothing more than a short of information

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score

I've never once bashed OUO... ??? No he's offering to take all my OUO stuff back? wtf

Latest posts

Members online