200% or 100% nozzle

Reaction score
hey guys i want your opinion i have a modded h2e 66/76/17cm and i am going to rosewood 238 hybrids. my question is should i run 100 or 200 nozzles. i talked to jim about it and i don't plan on doing any fuel mods to the injector. i will be running beans tunes. i tried talking to them about it but the tuning dept didn't really understand what i was talking about. Any input? Thanks

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
Can u still detune a 200% nozzle to keep some decent mileage in a DD tune?

And how much extra is rosewood charging to do a 200% nozzle?

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
hey guys i want your opinion i have a modded h2e 66/76/17cm and i am going to rosewood 238 hybrids. my question is should i run 100 or 200 nozzles. i talked to jim about it and i don't plan on doing any fuel mods to the injector. i will be running beans tunes. i tried talking to them about it but the tuning dept didn't really understand what i was talking about. Any input? Thanks

The tuning department at Bean's didn't understand what you were talking about? I'm not sure who you were talking with at Bean's - but they have tuned both combinations.

Reaction score
no extra charge for the nozzle but i am not doing the fuel mods to the upper part of the injector. just want to make sure i can get it tuned without live tunes. And the tuning dept. moved to no limit tuning and design the 2 guys i spoke to where helpful but didn't understand about the no fuel mods and just said yeah we can do it but didn't sound to convincing lol. i really like the tunes from them i have now and would like to stay with them. Also could i get away with my 17* pump?

Reaction score
i mainly drive it on the weekend tow less than 10,000 on occasion but would like to be able tow more in the future also plan on doing quite a bit of hooking to the sled this year for funn. i would be happy with upper 500's in hp. the 160/80's are funn and would be even better with my h2e but have the opportunity to sell my sticks for pretty much what i paid so i want to do 238's

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
if you do 238 stay with the 100% nozzle. But if you are looking for upper 500s then go with 250/200 or 300/200. i would do 300/200 if it were me.. Leaves you play room and you dont have to worry about bottoming the plunger out.

You will need a fuel system and a better HPOP your 17* will not keep up!!

ryanss22

Reaction score
a stock 17* with what im assuming also has over 300k miles will not support or will be extremly taxed to trying to support them... if your only going with 238's i would go with a adrenaline or t500 as a cheaper route. srp 1.1 would be next then a gen 3 for bigger inj (300/200)...

what kind of fuel system are you running?

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
i have a fuel system will my hpop keep up to 238/100's or 200's?

Your 17* would work for 238/100 if it is in good shape. depending on your fuel system it could keep up with bigger then 238/100. So if you have no plans of going with another HPOP I would stick with the 238/100. Although!! The 17*b would run 300/200 you just could not push them as far and as fast as you could.
You could do it if the tuner tuned it to work. then you could always in the future go with a different HPOP setup.

Reaction score
not sure of the mileage on the hpop but its not 300K lol. i am running a diy fuel with a super duty pump. i will add another pump if i need one and i am going to increase the line size into the heads. i would like to do diy big oil setup and piggyback a 15* onto my pump. just haven't had the time in the shop to do it yet.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
If you do that you should be good for 300/200 then. Another thing with the HPOP pumps you should stick with the same one I would not do a 17* then put a 15* behind it.

if you can fins a stealth mating block for a good price that would be the way i would go. Other then terminator twins! Nothing can beat a good twin pump set up imho Nothing can.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Why? We have been mixing pumps for YEARS.

I guess it is just a personal preference. the IPR should take care of any in balance if there is any.. If i was to do it i would put the 17*in front so you have less chance of starving it since it can flow more oil.. Maybe I am just being to picky.. If so tell me please.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
I guess it is just a personal preference. the IPR should take care of any in balance if there is any.. If i was to do it i would put the 17*in front so you have less chance of starving it since it can flow more oil.. Maybe I am just being to picky.. If so tell me please.

The IPR doesn't balance the pumps - the balance tube (or block or cross over hose or whatever your particular setup is) balances the pumps - the IPR(s) just regulates the system pressure. If you think you are starving your rear pump by not feeding it with a big enough line - it won't make much of a difference if its a 15* or a 17* starved for oil is still starved for oil.

There have been MANY sets of mixed pumps installed since the inception of the twin pump concept - they just displace oil volume. Granted a pair of 17* pumps should put out more volume than a 15* and a 17* or a pair of 15* pumps - but that might be just a tuning tweak (if at all on some trucks).

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
The IPR doesn't balance the pumps - the balance tube (or block or cross over hose or whatever your particular setup is) balances the pumps - the IPR(s) just regulates the system pressure. If you think you are starving your rear pump by not feeding it with a big enough line - it won't make much of a difference if its a 15* or a 17* starved for oil is still starved for oil.

There have been MANY sets of mixed pumps installed since the inception of the twin pump concept - they just displace oil volume. Granted a pair of 17* pumps should put out more volume than a 15* and a 17* or a pair of 15* pumps - but that might be just a tuning tweak (if at all on some trucks).

Thanks for the clarification!!! :thumbup:

If you say it that is good enough for me!! I have no crossover line. I do not have a balance tube either. Just a stealth block But that does not connect the oil between the pumps. I just put one line from the front pump to the drivers side and one to the passenger side and the same to the back pump. Each pump has there own IPR..Does this suffice for balancing it out??? Or do i need something else in there like a cross over line?

Latest posts

Members online