2000 7.3 No Start?

idipwr

Reaction score
2000 7.3, no start. No wait to start light, guages dead. Cranks over seemingly fine. only light on dash that comes on is battery light. Radio,blower motor work etc. PCM is good tried it in another truck. Any ideas?

Lethalthreat7.3

Reaction score
Any smoke? Have you checked all of the fuses? Do you have power going to the glow plug solenoid? Power at the solenoid actuator terminal when the key is turned on for the glow plugs?

idipwr

Reaction score
No smoke, all fuses good, no power to glow plug solonoid, fuel pump not working. so something isnt getting power through.

ToMang07

Reaction score
No glow plug light means your computer is not working. Not saying the computer is bad, but it's probably not getting power. If the fuses are good, check the relays and the actual power of the batteries. (Load test.) Sounds like really dead batteries to me.

neverkickn

Reaction score
No glow plug light means your computer is not working. Not saying the computer is bad, but it's probably not getting power. If the fuses are good, check the relays and the actual power of the batteries. (Load test.) Sounds like really dead batteries to me.

If it cranks over "seemingly fine" the batteries can't be that dead.

ToMang07

Reaction score
If it cranks over "seemingly fine" the batteries can't be that dead.

Mine did. Had one battery with a dead cell, the other was already weak. It cranked all day, but wouldn't fire. Needs 10.5+ volts to fire, IIRC.

ToMang07

Reaction score

idipwr

Reaction score
Good batteries. Start my other truck fine. Yes, like PCM isn't getting power.
Just gotta figure out why.

907DAVE

Reaction score
Have you checked the 30 amp PCM fuse on the lower right hand side of the interior fuse panel?

Latest posts

Members online