2000 Super Duty Springs

Sterling B.

Reaction score
Ok, I'm going to be replacing the springs on my f250 and currently have U/A springs respectively. Due to the 5" exhaust, air bags aren't an option for me and I need a fairly high spring rate to handle a 32' tandem dual trailer. I'll be replacing the front with Rough Country 2.5" leveling springs (http://www.roughcountry.com/ford-leveling-lift-kit-489.html). OEM springs are $$$, so I was looking at lift springs and eliminating the factory block. Oh, and I don't have factory overload brackets...

I'm thinking that a 4" or 5" rear springs for a 350 SRW should be adequate and still give a slight rake. Maybe? In my mind, a lift spring shouldn't really cut capacity at the knees, but I could be mistaken.

Then I found these 3" springs and I could keep the factory block.. (http://www.jegs.com/i/Superlift+Suspension+Systems/426/01-178/10002/-1)

I've seen the springs online from places such as SDtrucksprings etc, but it seems that their ratings are a bit inflated.

Any input or experience is greatly appreciated.

ncollins64

Reaction score
Just a thought, but if you wanted heavier factory springs with the top overloads, you can buy the overload brackets and rubber bumpers from ford. That's what I had to do and it wasn't really that much either.

Sterling B.

Reaction score
After some more searching, it seems that I'll go ahead with leveling springs up front and get OEM C codes for the rear. The local stealership said they're available both with and without "auxiliary leaf" which I'm assuming is the top overload. Hopefully Sunrise will confirm this when I get a quote from them...

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
After some more searching, it seems that I'll go ahead with leveling springs up front and get OEM C codes for the rear. The local stealership said they're available both with and without "auxiliary leaf" which I'm assuming is the top overload. Hopefully Sunrise will confirm this when I get a quote from them...
How much are those springs at the dealer?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Sterling B.

Reaction score
Got a reply back from Deaver this afternoon... I can get a pair of basically C code equivalents with 4400# spring rate for $495/pair and roughly $100 to get them to my door.

Also got a reply back from Sunrise in their thread... C codes are obsolete from Ford.

Well... looks like Deaver will be getting my vote so far. Still waiting to hear back from Atlas Spring.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Local dealer quoted $520.23 each for C rears w/o overload. :jawdrop:

The local dealer is a$$ raping you. He's charging you retail.

Here is the part number for the "C" codes with overload. 3C3Z-5560-DA and they're still available. Tasca has them (E-Bay).

These are my posting on PSN

http://www.powerstrokenation.com/forums/4971153-post4.html

And my write up on PSN on the "C" codes

post #27

http://www.powerstrokenation.com/fo...3193-replacing-f-codes-b-codes-springs-3.html

Billy T.
[email protected]

MorganM

Reaction score
Got a reply back from Deaver this afternoon... I can get a pair of basically C code equivalents with 4400# spring rate for $495/pair and roughly $100 to get them to my door.

Also got a reply back from Sunrise in their thread... C codes are obsolete from Ford.

Well... looks like Deaver will be getting my vote so far. Still waiting to hear back from Atlas Spring.

I would've expected around $1000 for Deavers before shipping- that price seems low??

Barnbuilder

Reaction score
What about going to the new longer rear springs. I have the 5" Donahoes on the rear of my 99. Squats a lot when I hook the trailer up. Thought of replacing them with the later model.

Sterling B.

Reaction score
I would've expected around $1000 for Deavers before shipping- that price seems low??

I was expecting similar. Also got a quote form them for front springs... $450/pair for roughly X code equivalents, and can have all 4 shipped to a buddy's shop for $130. :joy:

Hauled this over the weekend with 1000# of suitcase weights and full cooler in the bed... rode the bumpstops the whole way.
farmalls1_zps8lczsktz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Sterling B.

Reaction score
I had ordered them through Deaver... turns out these are actually made by Triangle Spring here in the USA. I can tell the rear is a bit stiffer, but there's no real noticeable difference in ride quality up front, just a bit taller. Overall, I'm a really happy camper. :thumbup:

Sterling B.

Reaction score
tires/wheels

Read every page of the wheel/tire tech thread and it would appear that a 9" wide wheel with about -12 offset would get me to clear a 35.

Going to throw on a set of leveling shackles from PMF to bring the front up 1.5-2" cut the rake down to 1-1.5" along with adjustable track bar. Then comes the nightmare of tires/wheels... I'm thinking I'd like to do the ION 171 18x9 (0 offset) or Eagle Alloy polished 186 (+2 offset), but I'm thinking both of these will result in needing spacers up front for 35x12.5 rubber. Any ideas on the spacer size? I think a 1.5" would get me to clear the springs based on reading and an online offset calculator... Thanks!

My current thinking is to get the wheels and tires I want and play with them to determine the spacer size needed... sound like a solid plan to anyone else?

diezelfreak

Reaction score
If I was going to do spacers I would do a 2" because I have noticed on a few trucks that with a 1.5" you have to trim a little off the end of the stud.

Sent from laying in bed