2001 7.3 4x4 needs more hp

liquidlounge

Reaction score
Wheel Bearings Inc. out of Michigan if you want something that lasts like the originals. When it comes to replacement parts, some of the great names aren’t that great anymore. I am pretty sure the philosophy is “lets make it more affordable, it doesn’t need to last 10 years like the originals “

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I just need to figure out which ones I need. They make a course thread and fine thread. I have no freaking clue what my threads are. I just can't keep putting this thing in the shop for all these problems I have to learn to fix it myself.

sideswipe

Reaction score
noise level

my truck has 250/200 and its quieter than a stock truck with all the mods to go with those injectors. i still get 16 plus miles to the gallon and better if i can keep my foot out of the peddle.

dsberman94

Reaction score
How do you know?

live life full throttle

What year did they switch to fine thread wheel lugs. Thread on the back of the unit bearing is going to be course if the lugs are course, fine thread if fine. Ive made the mistake of bringing home a fine thread before and they’re fine thread on both sides.

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
my truck has 250/200 and its quieter than a stock truck with all the mods to go with those injectors. i still get 16 plus miles to the gallon and better if i can keep my foot out of the peddle.

Wow mine had a 5" exhaust and stage 1 injectors and was tuned on php dyno and man it was unreal. I couldn't take a call if I was on highway do to the noise. The drone from the exhaust was horrible and I even had a muffle on it. The clatter was also high.

This truck is so smooth and quiet and I can carry a conversation while driving it's nice but Damm it's slow. Truck has a intake and exhaust I'm looking at tunes from 1023 diesel when my motorcycle sells.

brian42

Reaction score
I've never heard of that before. AFAIK they started the fine threads at the beginning of the 2003 MY.

Did you buy your truck new? If not I suspect coarse threads were put on there sometime before you got it otherwise I don't know. :shrug:

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
OK guys I'm really confused now lol. I may just have to remove it from truck then go to autozone and match it up with something.

DieselDC

Reaction score
OK guys I'm really confused now lol. I may just have to remove it from truck then go to autozone and match it up with something.

Honestly, that would have been the first thing I would have done. Wouldn’t have even bother asking to begin with. Straight to auto zone and or ace to find the thread pitch / sae-metric etc. keep it simple.

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

Jomax

Reaction score
Bring a lug nut with you and test it on a hub

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk