2001 F250 7.3 steering and brakes lose power

Blown262

Reaction score
I try searching on my phone and it just refuses to cooperate, so if this has already been covered, I apologize. Now I have a 2001 F250 SCLB 7.3 ZF6 4x4 and I recently started running into an issue where I lose all power assist on the brakes and steering. I stopped and checked the fluid and it's full, checked for blown lines and those were 100%. I figured I'd just limp it home and order a PS pump. About 2 miles later, my brake pedal started pulsing and THUMP. Now I have brakes and steering again. Come to a stop light a few miles later and the pedal starts pulsing again and I lose all power assist. I hooked up my scan tool and checked the ABS module and all 3 wheel sensors are reading 3MPH at a standstill. Has anyone else had a similar problem? The PS pump in this has about 14k on it. Is it a PS pump issue, a hydroboost issue, or an ABS issue? Thanks for the help and again, sorry if this has been addressed already.

Blown262

Reaction score
*UPDATE*
I now have a nice power steering whine every time I hit the brakes and I am losing braking power. This leads me to believe my hydrobooster is on its way to the grave yard. I have a new one on order and will update when installed probably mid week.

Latest posts