2002 7.3L running bad

Tom S

Reaction score
I have read before that the reman decal really does not for sure mean reman when I comes to HPOPs. In that people have gotten brand new pumps with a reman decal on them. I wonder if there supplier fell behind and they had to grab some from another outlet when building your motor..

bigcountrysg

Reaction score
Hey yall I been busy busy busy. Ol Blue should be running on Saturday. It would be helpful to have some extra hands.

Tomorrow I am setting the engine in the truck and bolting it up. Then work a little on it friday and then Saturday I am hoping it will be finished and running.

DocBar

Reaction score
Well Tom the thing with the rebuild is, I am not just gonna do the engine. Nope I am thinking off the frame restoration. Now why would I do this to a 2002 F-250. Most would probably junk the truck and start over. But this truck is worth more to me then anything else I own. I bought this truck brand new in 2002. I paid this truck off with my own money. I have owned this truck the longest out of any other vehicle I have owned. I put every single mile on it. It deserves to be rebuilt, I deserve to be the one rebuilding it.

Mean time I have found a couple prospect vehicles to become my daily driver. If all goes well with my plans, then the rebuild will happen. If not then I have a plan b. Which I found another F-250 for sale locally. So I can go that route too. But I would really like to go with plan A.
I felt the same way about my '03. It drove my wife insane with the amount of $$ I poured into it, but my truck fits me to a tee and it would cost me just as much, or more, to get the same performance.

But paper work should disclose this. If the warranty only covers injectors then it needs to be on paper with the injectors. But the warranty paper work says 1 year 12,000 miles. Does not state what is covered and what is not covered when an injector fails.

I am not looking for any hand outs at all. What I am looking for is fairness. The injector was about a month old when it failed. I am not blaming the person that built them, I am not blaming myself. Things happen, but when you say there is a warranty then it needs be clear and specific on what is covered and what is not covered.

At this time I am at a stand still til I am told what the company is willing to do to help me out on this.
This is why I have all my work done at an approved. authorized shop instead of DIY'ing it. Well that, and I live out of a 5th wheel. Most RV parks frown heavily on engine rebuilds in their parking lots.

Full Force Diesel were the ones that supplied the injectors. We have nothing to hide. The nozzles that were on those injectors were stock sized nozzles, not aftermarket. We have been in contact with Scott to help him in this situation. While the truck is down, we have requested to have the injectors be returned so we can inspect the nozzles. While they are at the shop, they will be re-nozzled with brand new nozzles just incase something might have happened to all of them. It will be hard to say if it was a weak nozzle or if air was getting into the system and creating a situation in which the nozzle was getting hit by the pintle much harder than normal. If air is in the fuel system, the pintle does not have enough cushion against the nozzle. If this happens, you pretty much have metal to metal contact.

But like I said, we have nothing to hide. Full Force Diesel were the ones that built them and Full Force Diesel will be there to help him with what every he might need.
THIS is what I love about the diesel community. Not only can you meet people that love diesels and help you out in any way possible, but the vendors will go above and beyond, because it's the right thing to do and word of mouth goes a long, long way. That ties in with my earlier post about authorized dealers. If I have an authorized dealer install my whatever, the dealer of my whatever has less wriggle room if something goes wrong. If I DYI it, I have to acknowledge that I might've screwed the pooch. For the price of 7.3 power mods, I'm just not that much into screwed pooches. I let the pros do their thing.

bigcountrysg

Reaction score
Well Ol Blue should be back to life this weekend. Not much left to do if all goes good tomorrow she maybe running tomorrow night.

bigcountrysg

Reaction score
Boy did I run into problems with this swap. But it is finally back on the road. I am not even gonna list the issues I had with the swap. But it was one thing after another.

Latest posts

Members online