2002 F-350 7.3 crew 4x4 worth

Spicoli

Reaction score
Hey guys trying to figure out how much this truck is worth with 170000 miles in excellent condition. Im thinking of buying from a friend. Its lifted 4 inches. He keeps it very clean.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Old OutLaw

Reaction score
what has he changed on it ?

TRANSMISSION & TORQUE CONVERTER ? ?
alternator ?
batteries?
brakes ?
u-joints?
front end ?
exhaust ?
injectors?
HPOP?
Turbo?

find out, because if he hasn't done much to it, you will have to....with 170,000 miles, things start going south.....

"Clean" is important, but not as much as NEW parts......

Last edited:

Lang

Reaction score
Also depends on where you live... Get on auto trader and search within 100-200 miles where u live. Get an oasis report and a CARFAX, also scan it to see if u get any codes.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
nada puts it at 12k, but like mentioned... if it hasn't been replaced its bout due to be... but even then, its typical maintenance and book value doesn't look at that.

1ofakind79

Reaction score
Also keep in mind condition of the rest of the truck is important too depending on where you live. If it's a rusty pile under then it's worth almost nothing.

Spicoli

Reaction score
I'll stand w/ Bobby.. $8,500.

Dam....that seems low. I just sold my lariat 2004 with 81k miles for $13000. How could 2 years older granted 100000 more miles F350 crew long bed be worth so little?

TyCorr

Reaction score
Depends on hour geographical location. Clean, documented.maintenance, and 7.3l crewcabs.can still.fetch close to 20 grand around here. Farmers are leary of 6oh's.

When I get my motor done and redo my interior leather I wouldnt take 12 or 13 for mine and its a 2k.with 265k miles. But EVERYTHING has been replaced and my frame and chassis are clean and painted.

crowz

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Normal going price around here in Alabama for that truck is $12,000 or more. Ive been offered more than that for mine and mines a 2002 with about 330k miles on it. Seriously.

But as mentioned it depends on where you live. We have 6.0's wall to wall around here and they dont bring hardly anything, sub 9k mostly (well the ones that still run). Remember in the boonies not many have a clue what to do to correctly fix a 6.0 and make it reliable.

The 7.3's are highly prized around there. Im sure thats not the case elsewhere but thats how it is around here.

Spicoli

Reaction score
what has he changed on it ?

TRANSMISSION & TORQUE CONVERTER ? ?
alternator ?
batteries?
brakes ?
u-joints?
front end ?
exhaust ?
injectors?
HPOP?
Turbo?

find out, because if he hasn't done much to it, you will have to....with 170,000 miles, things start going south.....

"Clean" is important, but not as much as NEW parts......

Front end last year
New batteries
New tires
Newer brakes
Rebuilt and upgraded transmission
New alternator

The thing I could see going out is injectors BC they are original.

Spicoli

Reaction score
What would I need to keep an eye out for next?

TyCorr

Reaction score
Front end last year
New batteries
New tires
Newer brakes
Rebuilt and upgraded transmission
New alternator

The thing I could see going out is injectors BC they are original.

If the guy changed his fuel filter and oil, 170k wont do in a set of injectors. My truck.has 265 k on it and the stock ad's have 250 and they run just fine. Im not saying they are new but they work.

Bobs 7.3

Reaction score
I see 7.3s with 240,00 to 340,000 miles on them with stock injectors, hpop,transmissions and converters but these guys eat and sleep maintenince and thats the BIG picture in reliability.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yea, I did too, maintain mine very well. My stocker only made it 250k but my truck was lifted and tuned.

Spicoli

Reaction score
Got my truck last week. Trying to figure out what to get first

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1377879989598.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377879989598.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 66

TyCorr

Reaction score
I wouldnt mess with it. Tune it and go. No lifts, no bs. Ive been dicking.with lifts since I got mine(its always had a 6" lift) changing blocks, removing leaves, etc. The lift springs are stiffer but since i wont have my truck hooked to a trailer fulltime ride suffers,imo.

Maybe get you a set of traction bars and some mild mods and keep truckin!

Latest posts

Members online