2002 f350 with forged rods...

TyCorr

Reaction score
Sooo... my truck is an 02 and I was certain I had PMRs so I pulled the motor since I was going to paint it anyway. I have forged rods... is this known to happen??

My 03 was near the.veeeeery end of production and had.forged rods. Although the internets say thats impossible.

Bought new...

Last edited:

fastersteve

Reaction score
My 03 was near the.veeeeery end of production and had.forged rods. Although the internets say thats impossible.

Bought new...

Really?!? Wow!

My '01 is 110 units past the forged rod cut-off by serial number and definitely has PMRs.

dsberman94

Reaction score
i haven't checked mine yet but i can with 99.99% certainty say that mine are PMRs in my 02 and they will be treated as such until replaced or proven otherwise. $15 each for forged rods on ebay isn't a bad price at all. haha.

ToMang07

Reaction score
Very, very interesting.

I checked mine, and I could have sworn they were forged. By my eye (No bore scope) they were forged. But I told myself that's not possible. I have an 02 made 02 as well. Now I REALLY want to get a bore scope and check again!

TyCorr

Reaction score
You can see clear as day with one of those cheapie dental mirrors with the led in it through the inspection hole.

ToMang07

Reaction score
You can see clear as day with one of those cheapie dental mirrors with the led in it through the inspection hole.

Seeing was a pain, although doable. Biggest issue I ran into was I could either light it, but not see, or see, and not have enough light, lol

If I DO have a forged rod engine....God that would make me happy...

BWCbuilt

Reaction score
My 02 has forged rods from the factory. There is no exact "cutoff." Ford threw in whatever motors they had handy, and those motors were built by navistar with whatever parts were handy.

Black 02

Reaction score
I'm 99% sure Jake at Irate had an 02 with Forged. Course he still sprayed the piss out of it and the block decided to commit suicide. :pimp::jammin::jammin::pimp:

My 02 had gut rot from the moment I bought it. It finally puked at Ft. Lewis..... :doh::pimp::puke:

CGMKCM

Reaction score
This is the break down by serial number but like ghohouston posted, it is not very accurate. This was posted on the Hypermax web site.
My number 14748574 fell midway through the second batch of forged rods but it turns out I have PMRs. Engine is original. I used a cheap inspection camera (like plumbers use) and I could clearly see what I didn't want to see.

<1425746 Forged Rods
1425747 - 1440712 Powdered Rods

1446713 - 1498318 Forged Rods

>1498319 Powdered Rods

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.