2003 7.3 Fuel Milage SUCKS

Petro

Reaction score
The 99 in my signature averages anywhere from 12 to 16 depending on how I drive it and where I fill up. It's been doing alot better now that it started warming up outside. I'm ready for summertime already.

PatMan

Reaction score
I average between 14-15mpg in winter fuel, 15-18 the rest of the year. This is with 35" tires. Proper air pressure in the tires certainly helps. Keep the drive-train lubed, check the problems already mentioned.

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/ToMang07/f350-super-duty

Ditto on that for mine.
I haven't checked my EBPS sensor and tube yet, but Zoodad mod, Clean filters and all new oils from Engine to axle - and my 4in exhaust from the turbo out.
I Got over 22mpg on the highway on a road trip last year.
In the city - with winter blend - getting 14.5 right now.

yzmatt

Reaction score
Ditto on that for mine.
I haven't checked my EBPS sensor and tube yet, but Zoodad mod, Clean filters and all new oils from Engine to axle - and my 4in exhaust from the turbo out.
I Got over 22mpg on the highway on a road trip last year.
In the city - with winter blend - getting 14.5 right now.

I call BS on the 22mpg. You would be the first. Did you hand calculate? Or lie-o-meter? If thats accurate then figure out what you did and you will be a millionaire selling it. Maybe move to Beverly Hills with grandma.

jaybuller

Reaction score
I call BS on the 22mpg. You would be the first. Did you hand calculate? Or lie-o-meter? If thats accurate then figure out what you did and you will be a millionaire selling it. Maybe move to Beverly Hills with grandma.

I get an hounest 20 mpg bout every other tank. sometimes 19 sometimes 21 tank just going back and forth to work every week.(50 miles round trip no roads over 55mph limit but about 5 miles of city) This is hand calculated on a topped off tank every other week when I fill her up. so I can believe 22. just has to have the right driver and right tires and setup. I have a zf6 so im sure that helps too.

Latest posts

Members online