2004 no crank

topgun

Reaction score
Ok I need a lot of help here please. I have a 2004 that will not even crank over. I had this problem before i did the EGR delete while doing so i installed a new HPOP, and ICP sensor in hopes it was one of them. I also had the starter checked at Advanced and it spun with no problem. The engine is not locked up I know because i jumped the starter and the engine spun just wouldn't fire. I also have two new batteries in it as well. All gauges light up and i believe the injectors are working i just cant hear them over a vacuum pump or something making a noise like it did before all of this started. Also i don't believe my fuel pump is working since i can not heat or feel it and my filter housing is not filling up. I have checked all fuses, that I know of visually and with a voltmeter even the 10 amp for the ficm which is also new. Any Ideas??????

Atsah

Reaction score
Sounds electrical to me. Start checking connections etc.. What is your voltage at the FICM? It could be something as simple as no power from the battery's due to a bad ground in a ten year old truck.. First check your power source to make sure your putting the power out properly..

topgun

Reaction score
Roger that, I'll check the power at the FICM first today and all grounds that I can find. Thanks. Also just a guess but as for the ecm is there any other way other than checking the reference voltages to test the ecm to see if it is still good??? I had the truck at the shop for a coolant leak and when I got there to get it, it was running. I got home with no problem even shut it off at the fuel station and it started fine. After i parked it and went back to it a few hours later that's when all the problems started.

topgun

Reaction score
and as far as codes go I have tried three different scanners and all three say they can not communicate with the vehicle.

6.0 p-stroke

Reaction score
Try putting the truck in neutral and setting the parking brake, your park/neutral safety switch could have gone bad. It definitely sounds electrical related, when my truck wouldn't crank a long time ago it turned out to be a fried PCM, I hope that's not your case.

topgun

Reaction score
Already have checked the neutral safety switch as well.. Im thinking more and more its the ecm... Would the range selector switch cause a no crank situation?

baddkarmaracing

Reaction score
Range selector could cause a no start because the truck doesn't think it's in park or neutral. Check your cig lighter fuse and make sure it's not blown, I can't remember the number for it but its also tied to the obdII port. If its blown you won't get any communication, if its good I would start looking for an ECM

CCRICE

Reaction score
Is there any sort of tuning on your truck? I know edge attitudes like to mess up ecm's and tcm's.. Could be as simple as getting ford to re program.. But maybe I'm thinking too far into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

topgun

Reaction score
Ok for any one interested Ford said it was my computer, purchased one from Ebay, with a warranty for 30 days, installed it and she worked. a few problems left but i have brought her back home and posted a new thread to see if we can resolve the new issues since i no longer trust my ford dealer.