2005 6.0 no start after changing sct

Racerorr

Reaction score
I took my tuner off and put a different one on and when I turned key nothing happened. I put a new PCM on it and now it will turn over but no start. I put a Ficm on with new PCM and all it will do is turn over. Put my burned up PCM on a different truck and it did the nothing when turned the key just like on mine. But good PCM will start the other but not mine. I'm stumped. I'm getting good oil pressure but no rpms. Maybe cam position sensor? Ran great until the sct change.

alwil

Reaction score
I took my tuner off and put a different one on and when I turned key nothing happened. I put a new PCM on it and now it will turn over but no start. I put a Ficm on with new PCM and all it will do is turn over. Put my burned up PCM on a different truck and it did the nothing when turned the key just like on mine. But good PCM will start the other but not mine. I'm stumped. I'm getting good oil pressure but no rpms. Maybe cam position sensor? Ran great until the sct change.

Check all the pins on your connections one might be bent, did you try going back to stock before switching programs?

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Racerorr

Reaction score
Sct set to stock, had snap on computer throwin some bs codes, but it's not getting rpms. Great oil pressure when turning over.

ncdzl

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
What tuner did you change to? Did it have custom tunes on it that were written for a different strategy? If so... you'll have to take the truck to a dealer to be reflashed

A crank position sensor fault is to be expected when cranking for longer periods of time.

We sometimes get these after a stud or injector job when the hpo system has air in it.

Racerorr

Reaction score
Both had custom tunes and would have been different strategy tunes. Will 2004 PCM start a 2005?

ncdzl

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Both had custom tunes and would have been different strategy tunes. Will 2004 PCM start a 2005?

That's most likely your issue then...if the second tuner had tunes written for a different strategy..and you tried to load one..

Racerorr

Reaction score
I know that's what burnt up my PCM but I've put another on and another Ficm and ran codes and checked oil pressure. It won't start. I've read threads and tried what people have said with relays and fuses and still no start. This is my only vehicle and need it to run. PCM on truck right now that turns it over is off 2004.

ncdzl

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I know that's what burnt up my PCM but I've put another on and another Ficm and ran codes and checked oil pressure. It won't start. I've read threads and tried what people have said with relays and fuses and still no start. This is my only vehicle and need it to run. PCM on truck right now that turns it over is off 2004.

Gotcha....your best option is most likely gonna be a reflash.

As far as I know pcms are flashed for a particular vin. Instead of wasting a bunch of time id get a tow to the dealer. They may be able to reflash the pcm without the truck since you have it out.

But since custom tunes rewrite parameters in the pcm TCM & ecm... I would think there are issues with all of them. I could be wrong... maybe someone that knows for sure will chime in

Latest posts

Members online