2005 F350 Tire Size Question

tieguy77

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Question for the experts....I have a stock 05 F350 with the factory 18" wheels. I'm wondering if 295/70/18's are too much for the transmission. Truck has 140K miles on it. MBRP exhaust, no tuner, no lift, no leveling kit.

Also, will these stick out further than the stock tires or rub?
Anyone have any pics?

Thank you

Robert

JMart

Reaction score
drw or srw?

I have 35x12.5 on my 05 F350 srw. The tire you are looking at is a 34.3x11.6. You should be fine on a srw.
Now if its a drw, spacing between the wheels might be pretty tight. I am not sure on the duallys.

Koda22

Reaction score
That's what I use to have on my truck.....I had no problem, I have now gone bigger and don't see any problems,...

tieguy77

Reaction score
drw or srw?

I have 35x12.5 on my 05 F350 srw. The tire you are looking at is a 34.3x11.6. You should be fine on a srw.
Now if its a drw, spacing between the wheels might be pretty tight. I am not sure on the duallys.

Thank you Gentlemen, I should have specified that the truck is SRW. I also read somewhere about a noticeable power loss...I take it from your replies that you guys have not noticed any such loss?

JMart

Reaction score
Thank you Gentlemen, I should have specified that the truck is SRW. I also read somewhere about a noticeable power loss...I take it from your replies that you guys have not noticed any such loss?

I didn't notice anything, but I was already running a custom tune and a powermax when I went to 35's.

Koda22

Reaction score
I didn't notice a loss, but I only had the truck about a month before I threw the tires on.....,but I think,there's plenty of power and you won't notice...

tieguy77

Reaction score
I didn't notice a loss, but I only had the truck about a month before I threw the tires on.....,but I think,there's plenty of power and you won't notice...

Thanks! No for the million dollar question.....where's the best place to purchase these tires? And is there a less expensive alternative?

Koda22

Reaction score
best place is kinda up to you....you can get them fairly cheap online.....For me I try to stay local...I like giving my money to a local business, and they always take care of me when I need some help....I also get free flats and rotations.....so to me paying a little more and staying local is worth it.....

But Ive seen a lot of guys use discount tire....Ive also heard of good luck with Rimzoneonline.com

but me personally have not used them

tieguy77

Reaction score
best place is kinda up to you....you can get them fairly cheap online.....For me I try to stay local...I like giving my money to a local business, and they always take care of me when I need some help....I also get free flats and rotations.....so to me paying a little more and staying local is worth it.....

But Ive seen a lot of guys use discount tire....Ive also heard of good luck with Rimzoneonline.com

but me personally have not used them

Thanks Koda22 I appreciate it. I was really hoping for something to fill out the wheel well nicely but I have been reading a lot of great things about the duratracs. I wonder what would be best.....duratracs in 285/65/18 or 275/70/18?

Koda22

Reaction score
They are real close in size, ones a little taller and the other is a little wider....just depends on what you lookin for....I would even maybe check out the 295/65/18. that's gonna give ya a 33x11.50ish......which should be a good fit....but then again your not leveled so it might be better to stay smaller......unless you might be planning on goin up in the future....its all up to you.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.