2005 long crank

youngstroker

Reaction score
My brothers 2005 has a long crank first thing in the morning i told him to try changeing his fuel filters and the updated blue spring any other ideas?

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
How's it start after it's hot?

I'd learn towards HP oil system drainback/leak, or the LP oil system losing prime. More so the HP oil system leak if it cranks over longer or wont start once it's hot.

It may have a SMALL leak, enough to allow the high side oil system to drain overnight but still be overcome by hot oil. Typically once the oil gets hot and thins out the condition gets worse, but if it's something really small like the plug that goes in the rail where the ICP sensor would go if the rail is on the RH side, this could be your culprit. Just fixed one in a LCF a couple weeks ago.

Could also be a sticky IPR or weak/failing HPOP.

If you have a scan tool, monitor IPR and ICP voltage when cranking, also at hot idle.

jdeeg4276

Reaction score
I just fixed one with this problem my self. I replaced the glow plug relay and the napa oil filter/cap. Should have done one at a time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

dasboot

Reaction score
I just fixed one with this problem my self. I replaced the glow plug relay and the napa oil filter/cap. Should have done one at a time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I'm having the same issue, How did you know it was the relay for the glow plug? My scan gauge showing no codes.
excessive key crank in morning normal temp. cranks fine thought the day.
runs fine no smoking even after getting it cranked.

jdeeg4276

Reaction score
We replaced the glow plugs and glow plug harnesses and relay. Im positive it was just the relay tho. Ohm test the plugs just in case. Mine are all good. Just if I'm gonna fix somthing like that ya might as well do all of the job. Just like not changing the rotor and cap when you change the spark plugs.
I fixed issue.
Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

youngstroker

Reaction score
his was batterys, i made it home, pulled them out, charged them up, and tested them 1 was weak put some new batterys in starts like new, he still dosn't belive me.

Latest posts

Members online