2006 F-250 6.0L

fubolislif22

Reaction score
Afternoon Guys,

I'm new to the site but have been browsing a lot.

I have a quick question, I'm about to purchase a 06 F250 with a 6.0L engine.

The truck itself is a lariat FX4 and is really clean. The truck is not studded and has 185k on it.

The following MODS have been done:

EGR ******, 4" pipe with an 8" tip, SCT tuner, blue spring upgrade s&b intake, coolant filtration system, oil cooler was back flushed, new cat ELC coolant, new batteries, new one piece aluminum radiator, new idler pullies and a gates green stripe belt, new billit fuel filter cap with test port for fuel pressure, the cooling system pressure has been tested, new rotors and brakes, new trans filter, new track bar bushing, hot shot oil treatment for injectors.

What do you think this truck is worth, I plan on picking it up this weekend, I know it isn't studded but hopefully one day I will get around to doing it. He has stated the truck runs perfect and at this point does not need the studding because the tune he runs is only 80hp and he takes care of it. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• IMG_1734.JPG
    IMG_1734.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 76
Reaction score
Id say $15-17k is a fair figure. All the new stuff that's been done doesn't account for anything other than regular maintenance. Which is good that it's been done, but doesn't make it worth significantly more. As long as the paint and body are clean and the interior is nearly perfect , it's probably a good truck. Id at least want to check the oil and coolant temp differential before pulling the trigger and get paperwork on the pressure test.

fubolislif22

Reaction score
I will definitely look into this, I know the studs will need to get done eventually so I'm trying to get a good price on the truck as is. The guy seems knowledgeable and stated maintenance was key to keeping it running smooth. What do you guys think about how it looks?

fubolislif22

Reaction score
Also,

Going forward what will need to be done right off the bat to keep this bad boy in line, until head studs are installed which I'm not sure when I plan on doing...?

Reaction score
Id personally remove the 80hp tune and run it stock with the E G R turned off. I can see that it's been blowing black smoke out the tailpipe and that's wasted fuel= wasted money. Most tunes are hard on non-studded engines. I don't know if the bumpers are painted black or not, but I wonder why they are if they are.

fubolislif22

Reaction score
It looks like the bumpers are painted the same color as the blue truck, I did notice the block smog on the panel. I'm selling my 13 loaded FX4 ecoboost for this to get out of a payment so I plan on keeping this truck till the end of its time.

fubolislif22

Reaction score
The gentleman said he did not have the paperwork for the pressure test but said that the temps usually run between 180-190 degrees and oil is usually a few degrees hotter. He also stated that the cold/hot start is perfectly fine and that it does not have an engine block heater.

Reaction score
I'd just give it a thorough check over underneath for any leaks or issues. Test drive it and pay attention to how it drives, if it makes any odd noises, smells, smokes, etc.

fubolislif22

Reaction score
Yes, it comes with the wheels and tires, I got him down to 16k as we speak and I think I can get it down a tad more...

slc dzl

Reaction score
Great looking truck, I bought one the same color last but it had just over 200k miles
But location dependent i ffeel 16k is a little much for that truck.

sootie

Reaction score
thats a 13,500-15000 truck. i would definitely get some better tunes in there right off the bat.

Latest posts

Members online