2006 F250 6.0 headache

tluckock

Reaction score
My powerstroke has all the mechanics in my area stumped. Hopefully someone on here can help fix the problem. My 6.0 fires right up every time but won't stay idling. It will run all day if I hold it at 1000rpm or above but as soon as it get below 1000 it just shuts off. It also stalls when putting it in drive or reverse, it will move if I shift it into gear with the rpm up. Once I get it moving it runs flawlessly. Also in park it will stall if I turn the wheel or apply the brake pretty hard. Seems like something is draining the motor at an idle. Please some help

tluckock

Reaction score
Yeah the ICP, Cam shaft and Crank shaft sensors have been replace as we'll as new fuel filters

'94IDITurbo7.3

Reaction score
Sounds like it could maybe be trans/torque convert related. possibly like you said something is putting a strain on the engine enough to kill it. you mention when you hit the brakes hard it can stall and when you turn it can stall.....to eliminate the power steering pump straining the engine you could take the serp belt off, start the engine and see if the brakes or tuning the wheel stalls it.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Where are you located and who is looking at it? Seems like you should be able to see what is going on with a decent scanner. I'd be checking voltages and ICP pressures like suggested. I'd like to think if it's at a dealer they would be checking these, but nothing surprises me with dealerships anymore.

Gary

Reaction score
The first thing I would want to know is what is your ICP? ICP %, and ICP voltage. Then what do you have for fuel pressure? FICM voltage? Is it loosing sync when it dies?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.