2008 Tail Lights with 1999-2007 Tailgate Pictures Needed

Tonka350

Reaction score
hey guys I am doing some other things to the truck and I need some pics....I decided to go BACK to a 99-07 gate ( completely shaved ) and am trying to figure out which taillights I want to go with....does anyone have pics of a 99-07 gate with 08 taillights? YES I LOOKED EVERYWHERE!!! I can't find any. if your tailgate is shaved is a plus BUT NOT MANDATORY!

Thanks in advance.

Chad

BlueScab

Reaction score
IMAG0311.jpg

Hope that helps.

Tonka350

Reaction score
shaved means taken off. I had the handle relocated to the inside of the bed and I had the pin holes for the ford emblem and the ford emblem itself removed along with the pinholes for the f350 emblems filled and smoothed...

give me a few minutes and I'll load a pic of the tailgate while it was in progress.

Chad

ToMang07

Reaction score
Interesting. I like it overall...but I'd be damned sure it locks! Do you have to completely fabricate the handle? Or is there a conversion/kit out there?

Tonka350

Reaction score
no you just use your stock handle..there are conversion kits out there...I bought mine off ebay for $30 shipped and they sent me the wrong parts lol...my luck, but I believe sir michaels and street scene both have a kit, my body guy ended up fabricating all the filler plates and flip kit for it....and it will be locked in place using the handle lock AND my hard locking tonneau cover I just bought...so it will be a little difficult to get off lol

Chad

I'll get some pics this weekend of it installed after I get home and install it.

Tonka350

Reaction score
yes they do but you have to change the reverse pigtail for it to work with the reverse bulbs since the bulb is different....at least you're hijacking WITH a purpose.

Chad

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.