2009 F 350 Water Seperator Alarm.

Cdills

Reaction score
I have a 2009 F350 6.4. My water seperator alarm keeps coming on even after I drain the water seperator. Has this been an issue to anyone else, and what did you do to stop it? Thanks for your input.

78f100

Reaction score
I never had a problem with it but have heard of several being clogged and not draining all the water out. Did it drain good when you opened it up?

Dtm030

Reaction score
I had mine keep coming on over and over even after draining it many times until I changed out both filters and then it was gone for good. You may need to do that?

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
Had mine come on, and stay on after I changed both filters. I bought the kit, to change out the gasket and the WIF Switch... Never needed it. Alarm stopped... I still drain the WIF drain regularly, but alarm never came on again. I still have all the parts I need to change the switch. I'll keep it, as I have a couple 6.4s, and this is likely to become a problem until I switch the other LPFP out for AirDogs.... The kit, should you need it, is 125 (ish) bucks from ford. If you remove your driveshaft, everything is easy access.

713Diesel

Reaction score
See the link in the thread that Tensixniner gave. As you will see in the thread I had the exact same problem and I fixed it per the instructions in the link.

Cdills

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I followed the link, and cleaned out the seperator. It was pretty nasty. I guess the reason this has happened is due to the fact that I dont drive the truck a lot. Thanks for your help.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.