2011 6.7 died

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Grandpa bought a used 6.7 with 124k miles on it for a work truck. Got a mile from the dealer and the CEL came on. He got it to west Texas and scanned it. Scan showed the EGR was dirty and the *** needed a new heater. They fixed that and the truck ran good but the CEL stayed on. Coming down the interstate with a 14000lbs load and the truck started to shutter and then died. He pulled over and tried to start it and it just clicked. They put jumper cables on it and it turned over a few times at 10 seconds per try and didn't fire up. Research has said there's an issue with the starter on the 11 & 12 year models. I could believe that. Mechanic said it could be the CP4, which only makes sense if there's an interlock on the engine that only allows it to turn over for 10 seconds before shutting down. That doesn't explain it not starting with out jumper cables or a fresh charge. I'm leaning towards batteries, alternator, or starter. Starter is being replaced shortly. Coming to y'all for a new perspective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
2011 yes it started running rough and then died. The

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Any codes, specifically glow plug related? What is the build date on the door?

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Yeah I was hoping I'd have all the info I'd need to get an answer. Unfortunately I'm the middle man bringing the issue to y'all. The truck is 8 hours away from me. He rented a car to come home on the weekend. One thing I forgot to mention, they said it sounds a lot better while starting when the down pipe is off of it.