2011 6.7l tunes

johni

Reaction score
Gearhead hands down, I have both tunes. IMO the SPE tune is too harsh on the turbo and it spikes boost at low rpm.

stevens6.7

Reaction score
If you search you can find a decent size thread as to why guys prefer the GearHeads tune over the SPE. Not to take away from SPE but it really comes down to preference and what you are looking from your tune. From what I remember the SPE tunes are more smokey and seems the transmission tune is a big aggressive where the GearHeads is more refined and burns a lot cleaner.

Dieselroller

Reaction score
I'm really just looking to get the most for my money. Sounds like the spe is a bit more power than the gearhead

Elliott6.7

Reaction score
X 2 for Gearhead. I have SPE files as well that I play with once in awhile, they're good but I always find myself going back to the Gearhead files. Great power and spot-on trans tuning.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

mattmal9

Reaction score
X 2 for Gearhead. I have SPE files as well that I play with once in awhile, they're good but I always find myself going back to the Gearhead files. Great power and spot-on trans tuning.

Also interested in maybe purchasing Gearhead tunes. Has anyone put a truck with Gearhead tunes on a dyno to see how it does over factory or regular H&S tunes?

Elliott6.7

Reaction score
I have read here on a few guys running down the track, not sure if anyone has run Matt's tunes over the rollers... Personally, I run the Gearhead tunes on my truck a majority of the time because the truck runs nice, and doesn't do anything strange on these files. The Gearhead tuning possesses great street and towing manners, and pulls hard when you put your foot into it... While I'm sure the gains over stock and canned H&S files are impressive, I'm more impressed with its manners and how it feels when I drive it, just my 2 cents...

mattmal9

Reaction score
I have read here on a few guys running down the track, not sure if anyone has run Matt's tunes over the rollers... Personally, I run the Gearhead tunes on my truck a majority of the time because the truck runs nice, and doesn't do anything strange on these files. The Gearhead tuning possesses great street and towing manners, and pulls hard when you put your foot into it... While I'm sure the gains over stock and canned H&S files are impressive, I'm more impressed with its manners and how it feels when I drive it, just my 2 cents...

I understand I was just curious if anyone has or not. I'm definitely liking the way they sound though. That is the exact reason i am considering them for my truck, because the shifts point sometimes just feel like they are off.

Jesse_01

Reaction score
I know kem was big with 6.4's haven't heard to much on the 6.7. Also if spartan, but they are a whole different tuner.

From hrs & hrs of reading I would suggest trying gearhead tunes.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Nickaldo1

Reaction score
I have never ran gear head but I personally like SPE. Trans shifting is perfect on my truck. Also gets up and goes

Elliott6.7

Reaction score
I have never ran gear head but I personally like SPE. Trans shifting is perfect on my truck. Also gets up and goes

Are you running the Hot X engine and trans files or the street files?

Dieselroller

Reaction score
I ended up going with the gear heads tune. Waiting on them to send it now. I guess I'll run it for a while and if it's not what I want then I'll order the one from spe. I'm just wondering if you can tell a big difference from the custom tune and the one already on the h&S?

Elliott6.7

Reaction score
There is big difference in the custom tunes vs the canned H&S files. I have ran both Gearhead and SPE on my truck, I prefer the Gearhead files on my truck. But no matter who's files you go with, If you take the time to tell the tuner what you want changed or concerns you have with tuning, the tunes can be revised to your liking.

Jesse_01

Reaction score
I ended up going with the gear heads tune. Waiting on them to send it now. I guess I'll run it for a while and if it's not what I want then I'll order the one from spe. I'm just wondering if you can tell a big difference from the custom tune and the one already on the h&S?

Yes you definitely will be able to tell the difference. Probably an extra 30+hp, firmer and quicker shifting when you stomp on it.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

dseitler

Reaction score
There are 3 Custom Tuners that I have worked with. You have GearHead, SPE and Ben @ Done Right Diesel. All of the tunes are great but it all comes down to driver preference. I personally like the GearHead tune best. It drives like a stock truck drives but with tons of power. What I mean by stock is that I never had any miss shifts, no reverse, no RPM flare or any other quirk's you sometimes get from any tune. It drives better than any tune I have had in the 6.7. Matt will work with you when you upgrade or need small adjustments and has been spot on for my truck. They are great people and good tunes.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.