2011 ac problem

05f250harley

Reaction score
Hey guys my ac isn't blowing cold. It blows cold every now and then bit still not like it should. Can I add the stuff from the parts store or should I just wait and take it to a shop to be looked at? Will it mess anything up if I put some parts store stuff in it until I get it to a shop?

ditch_dawg

Reaction score
I wouldn't put that stuff in any A/C system. Just my opinion.

Diagnosing A/C system issues are not always clear cut. I usually start with a gauge set and a multi-meter.

I would try to find someone with a gauge set that you can borrow to see what the system pressures are. If the pressures check out OK than I usually check to see if the voltage is dropping out at the compressor clutch (mulit-meter). Could be something as simple as a wire lead to one of the pressure switches that has been rubbed through, I have seen that on a couple of 7.3.

If you have a reputable A/C shop close by I would certainly take it there.

Str8Ugly

Reaction score
i feel your pain i just paid 2200 to have my complete a/c system redid, when i say complete i mean condenser, compressor and evaporator, while they had the heater core box out i had them replace all the actuators on there so i wouldnt have to worry about those until later on too

05f250harley

Reaction score
Well I'm taking my truck to a shop tomorrow. I have something leaking through my air vents on the floor. I think it's coolant. maybe my heater core? Any ideas?

Latest posts

Members online