2011 bad valves

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
It's a different displacement as well as a different turbo and injection system.

Where did you hear or read that misinformation?? The turbo IS different.. But not the rest of it. There are a couple changes to the software of course and way the IC and intake pipes are. Other then that and lower power that is it. O an the C&C models also have better Idle emissions.

The Displacement IS the SAME!! They share the same BLOCK and Heads!!!

12stroker

Reaction score
It's a 6.7 yes but it's not the same injection system.

idk why I put displacement.

I have a f550 that's how I know we have had engine work to it due to bad fuel and it was a different part number for a 550

And also the engine is derated to not distroy it but that doesn't work.

Last edited:

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
It's a 6.7 yes but it's not the same injection system.

idk why I put displacement.

I have a f550 that's how I know we have had engine work to it due to bad fuel and it was a different part number for a 550

And also the engine is derated to not distroy it but that doesn't work.

The Injectors and HPFP are the same to.

12stroker

Reaction score
Well then I guess they have a different part number here at the dealership idk. Because thy replaced all the injection system in my 11 f250 last year and this year they replaced a injector in on our 12 f550. I am not going to argue with you I am just saying what I was told at the dealer and seeing the different part numbers made me figured it was different.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Well then I guess they have a different part number here at the dealership idk. Because thy replaced all the injection system in my 11 f250 last year and this year they replaced a injector in on our 12 f550. I am not going to argue with you I am just saying what I was told at the dealer and seeing the different part numbers made me figured it was different.

I understand what you are saying. I am not here to argue either. You really through me for a loop with the cubic inch deal though!! LOL That was a honest mistake there!!

This part number will service ALL the 6.7L Well other then the 2015 model coming up. This is the HPFP BC3Z-9A543-A Well at least by the Ford parts place.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Threw me for a loop too.. I know the c&c models usually have differences in tuning, but the long block of the motor should be unchanged.

Codydiesel

Reaction score
The reason for cracking valves was, ford had skipped a heat treatment process on the valve, making them more prone to cracking. Also it's not just the passenger side head like the tsb has said it was since I have seen valve cracks and failures on both sides.