2011 F250 gear swap

Bgrish

Reaction score
I'm going to be running 40" tires, I'm looking at 4:88 gears, I do have the FX4 package, is there anything special about changing gears or is it business as usual?

Ford_tough

Reaction score
Supposedly everything is different on the sterlings in the new trucks. Like its a 37 Spline shaft instead of a 35 spline.

I believe that's on f350's with either the 10k package or 13.5k package. I remember someone asking on here a while back what the difference is between the 10 or 11.5k package or whatever the lower gvwr package is for the 350s and the 13.5k package and the lower one had 35 splines and the 13.5k have 37 splines. Maybe someone can post the thread on here. it was from a while back, but I could be wrong

Ford_tough

Reaction score
I don't think we ever got a definite answer on that. The axle splines that is.

I see what you mean now, I just looked until I seen the answer I was looking for then stopped reading and then went back and finished it lol

Ford_tough

Reaction score
any idea if this still applies to the 2013 ? i may wanna swap my 3:73's from my 08 to my 13' , both are 250's ...

I would think that It'd be the same but I'll do some more research for you & get back to you

Ford_tough

Reaction score
Well I found out a little but it is a bit confusing cause I'm not very knowledgable with rear ends. I found that on one site it says that the 6.7 style has upgraded to a 37 spline pinion as opposed to the 31 spline in the 2008- 2010. Then I went on another site & it said that they were basically the same? I know it's prolly not very helpful but that's about all I could find for now. Maybe someone with experience changing out gear on these new trucks will chime In. But unless you can't use 37 splines on 35 spline rings then It may point to it being able to work out?

Latest posts

Members online