2011 low pressure fuel too high! I need thoughts

DZL JIM

Reaction score
Early build April 2010, 6.7 truck in limp mode, we've done everything we can think of and finally found low pressure fuel too high. Our gauge in line between pump and motor reads past 100 psi.

I would appreciate any tips on what to look for causing this high pressure.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
whoa .. unplug that pump before it does some damage ! have you swapped the sensor itself ? i wonder if the pump could ever make that kinda pressure if it wanted too .

NathannialD

Reaction score
I've never messed with a stock pump but I assume there is some pressure regulator spring/valve. Maybe it's just stuck shut? Just an idea

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Running factory filters? Seen this once with a set of aftermarket filters. 100+ pre secondary filter, and like 10 after.

DZL JIM

Reaction score
Not sure if they are factory fuel filters. Not sure on voltage to pump but I can't see that having this effect.
We installed a new Pressure Sensor in the driver's rail, new Pressure Control Valve, and a new VCV valve.
The new VCV on the pump made it able to rev up which it wouldn't do before. We looked the valve over very carefully and did not see any debris of any kind whatsoever.

Our pressure gauge is in the inlet to the pump after the secondary filter, and with the return side line off the pump, we saw over 100 psi going in and not nearly that physically coming out.

Is it possible there's an issue with the pump itself to cause this?
Is it possible for another sensor to go bad and cause this?

Latest posts

Members online