2012 6.7 800+hp build

Ross@Flyindiesel

Reaction score
Well guys as the title states we have the opportunity to build a 800+hp 6.7 and I am stoked!!! I haven't been on the forums in awhile being that my shop went from just me to an explosion over the past 2 years and im doing everything I can just to keep up. Found some time today to get back on here (going to try and keep this habit up) finally and hopefully start back off with a bang.
So here is what we are starting off with. Truck came in completely torn down to bare block. The customer was planned on doing his own build but his main guy at his shop left and the customer doesn't have the time anymore so we have it now. Motor is down to bare block and everything in the bed of the truck. Most of the stock fueling parts are junk (dirt, water, rust) so we have plans for that. Here is what the customer brought us to start with:

Parts list:
Carrillo rods
elite diesel valvetrain
Flycut/coated pistons
Elite diesel cam
gapless piston rings
Studs
airdog (wont use)
75mm charger from industrial

We do plan to use most of the parts he sent with the truck but not all. As far as turbos go I haven't gotten that far yet as to what we want to do. I will be getting with my buddy jared up at RCD for some help with this one and I want to get the MPD crew in on this one as well. I am stoked for this build as I have my personal 6.7 and love it and ive been dying to dive into it just haven't had the reason to do so. Also forgot to mention we are doing this in a f450 crew cab dually so its gonna be more of a challenge.

Also mods looking to become a site sponsor if you could pm me and let me get set up that would be awesome!

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
A s475 with some good injectors will definitely make some power. We went 10.50 with a s467 on the shop truck

Ross@Flyindiesel

Reaction score
A s475 with some good injectors will definitely make some power. We went 10.50 with a s467 on the shop truck

Is it streetable though? that's the biggest concern right now as this will be one of his daily drivers which is why we were thinking possibly twins but im open to options. Btw I need to get with either you or craig tomorrow and get my dealer stuff started but that's a whole different topic

gfulton

Reaction score
Looking forward to this build. I see you are in Kerrville, thats where I would like to move if I can talk my bride into it.....Lol

Ross@Flyindiesel

Reaction score
Im stoked to see how it turns out as well. Poor truck has been sitting for 2 years now and its dirty as all get out. only 39k on this thing as well. Hate seeing a nice truck like this one just get left out like this but we are going to make it better than ever!

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Im stoked to see how it turns out as well. Poor truck has been sitting for 2 years now and its dirty as all get out. only 39k on this thing as well. Hate seeing a nice truck like this one just get left out like this but we are going to make it better than ever!

Is your shop in Kerrville? I am in Fredericksburg quite often and would love to swing by and check it out. 800+ should be pretty easy with a built bottom end. I would recommend compounds for the charger setup. Giant singles are cool for drag trucks but there is nothing like building 70 psi of boost in 2 seconds on the street.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
come on down man! best place to live by far! wouldn't trade it for anywhere else

Didnt realize you are in Kerrville. We have a place in Harper. I'll be out there in a few weeks. May drop in on ya.

Good luck on the build!

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Well guys as the title states we have the opportunity to build a 800+hp 6.7 and I am stoked!!! I haven't been on the forums in awhile being that my shop went from just me to an explosion over the past 2 years and im doing everything I can just to keep up. Found some time today to get back on here (going to try and keep this habit up) finally and hopefully start back off with a bang.
So here is what we are starting off with. Truck came in completely torn down to bare block. The customer was planned on doing his own build but his main guy at his shop left and the customer doesn't have the time anymore so we have it now. Motor is down to bare block and everything in the bed of the truck. Most of the stock fueling parts are junk (dirt, water, rust) so we have plans for that. Here is what the customer brought us to start with:

Parts list:
Carrillo rods
elite diesel valvetrain
Flycut/coated pistons
Elite diesel cam
gapless piston rings
Studs
airdog (wont use)
75mm charger from industrial

We do plan to use most of the parts he sent with the truck but not all. As far as turbos go I haven't gotten that far yet as to what we want to do. I will be getting with my buddy jared up at RCD for some help with this one and I want to get the MPD crew in on this one as well. I am stoked for this build as I have my personal 6.7 and love it and ive been dying to dive into it just haven't had the reason to do so. Also forgot to mention we are doing this in a f450 crew cab dually so its gonna be more of a challenge.

Also mods looking to become a site sponsor if you could pm me and let me get set up that would be awesome!

Hell yeah Ross!

I have everything in stock for the engine build, can ship it all today if needed.

Gimme a call!

Ross@Flyindiesel

Reaction score
Is your shop in Kerrville? I am in Fredericksburg quite often and would love to swing by and check it out. 800+ should be pretty easy with a built bottom end. I would recommend compounds for the charger setup. Giant singles are cool for drag trucks but there is nothing like building 70 psi of boost in 2 seconds on the street.

yes sir we are in Kerrville. Behind the airport here actually. Yea we have been thinkin about doing twins on this one for 1. cool effect when the hood is popped, and 2 the extra air flow but I also know these trucks love the single turbo set ups.

Ross@Flyindiesel

Reaction score
Didnt realize you are in Kerrville. We have a place in Harper. I'll be out there in a few weeks. May drop in on ya.

Good luck on the build!

hell yea man swing on by! my house is towards harper so worst case if you ever need anything out this way and don't wanna make the drive call me and ill do it bud!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.