2012 6.7L CCSB - P2043 fault

Reaction score
PSA I need some advice:

I have a friend who is 700 miles away from home working in Michigan. The truck threw a P2043 - redundant temp sensor circuit range performance.

1. Can anyone confirm what is throwing this code? From what I can tell - it's a temp sensor on sending unit ???

2. Does the tank need to come down to replace?

Thanks - PSA.

-Pete

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Yes, and yes. It would be in the sending unit itself, pretty common, we do probably 5 a week or so.

Reaction score
Thanks. Does the sensor come separate from the sending unit or do I need to purchase the entire unit? I'd like to get the info to Sunrise so I can order the parts.

In your opinion: Will this send the truck into limp-mode or can be chance driving back home and fixing then?

Thanks again .

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
No the sensor is internal to the sending unit. As long as its just a check engine light, i wouldnt worry too awful much, but i cant say for sure if it will make it or not, just too many variables with the computer and what not. How many miles on it, possibly could be covered uned emissions or something like that.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Emissions may cover it then a long as its stock when it goes to the dealer. Base part number is 5j225, its called a reservoir based on part number, but a dealer should be able to run the number for you or him. Plus itd save quite a bit of money. Should take about half a day or so to do, unless they are slammed.

Reaction score
Thanks man - I really appreciate it. The truck is bone-stock unmolested ever. He bought brand new.

Ill call a couple of dealers in the morning. It sounds like there's not much **** they can screw up...

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Not too much no, unless something stupid like a bolt or screw went through a wire, which if it just came on is highly unlikely. Hope it works out for you guys.

Latest posts

Members online