2012 bumper installed, thinking about doing the whole swap

VanoFord

Reaction score
If you do the swap on the front end you bed wont match the front quarter panels

this has been done on an 99+ already and to be honest, you cant even tell from a first look that things arent right. its a clean swap w/out doing the bed too IMHO.

Matt_P

Reaction score
I was just out in the shop wondering how I could cut holes in my front bumper to get more air to the air filter...
Now I see how your truck looks with a new bumper on it, and thought to myself, I can just cut holes in mine the same shape as what the new bumpers have, and it would look great!

Thanks for posting the pictures. Nice to see the comparison between your avatar picture and the pictures you posted with the new bumper.

Your welcome! It definitely opens up a lot of room for airflow.

If you do the swap on the front end you bed wont match the front quarter panels

If I did the whole swap Id buy a 2011 bed as well.

i agree with josh.. stay 05-07. going full 11+ is a wanna be.

I made the decision today that its staying 05-07. I just picked up a 05 XL bumper today as well as an 05 harley grilled. Gonna pick up an XL 08 rear bumper tomorrow as well when I get the lower valance for the front bumper. Then there will be paint work going on so stay tuned for another front end change up LOL

Gearhead

Reaction score
cut it down the center and take in the width then it might look perfect.

K_Hood

Reaction score
To me it takes away from the rest of the front end. Honestly not a fan. I have to say that's the first time I've said that about something you've done with a truck. If you like it, that's all that matters though.

My thoughts exactly. Still a gorgeous truck from top to bottom, but something about that bumper just doesn't do it for me. :(

andy3728

Reaction score
I've been thinking of doing this to my 2002. I think it will work with my grill. I have the 05-07 grill that has the trimmed lower edge to fit the 99-04 bumper. I think the modified grill would work perfect with the 2011 bumper. Have you thought about getting a trimmed grill paired with the 2011+ bumper?

Matt_P

Reaction score
I've been thinking of doing this to my 2002. I think it will work with my grill. I have the 05-07 grill that has the trimmed lower edge to fit the 99-04 bumper. I think the modified grill would work perfect with the 2011 bumper. Have you thought about getting a trimmed grill paired with the 2011+ bumper?

I actually did trim my grille, and it still lined up like that.

cut it down the center and take in the width then it might look perfect.

Yeah that could get the headlights to line up well with the bumper

My thoughts exactly. Still a gorgeous truck from top to bottom, but something about that bumper just doesn't do it for me. :(

Thanks, yeah I agree. I have the new 05 front end to put on. First though I have to replace my airdog motor that decided to take a dump today along with carrier bearing and rear driveshaft u joints, then Ill get to this:fustrate:

Black_Pstroke

Reaction score
Id stay with the 05-07 grille/lights as well. Just as others have mentioned about taking some out of the center of the bumper. Looks good though!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.