2012 Pulls to left under hard accel or braking

wreedps

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 2012 F250 CCSB that has been in a front end accident before when A bone head pulled out in my front me. I remember it broke one of the sway bar end links and knocked one of my dual steering stabilizers. I have since got all that fixed (well I think) Problem is now the truck wants to pull to the left under hard acceleration or braking. I have to correct it by turning the wheel to the right.

Truck has had an alignment on a digital Hunter machine to almost perfect specs. The wheel is straight under normal cruising and when you let it go it holds perfectly straight for a long time.

I have noticed my drivers sway bar end link is crooked. Could this cause the problem I am facing? See the pics. The crooked one is on the drivers side, the straight one is on the passenger side. What could cause the drivers side to be so off?

Attachments

• IMG_1950.JPG
    IMG_1950.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_1951.jpg
    IMG_1951.jpg
    675.4 KB · Views: 65

wreedps

Reaction score
Both front calipers have been replaced and the brakes bled twice. What else is there to check? I do not think this is a brake problem.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I wonder if there is a bushing bad in the radius arm or something not right with the rear suspension. If it drives straight until you accelerate or break it has to be something that sees more pressure during these situations. Does it pull more during accelerating or breaking?

wreedps

Reaction score
It could be because my steering feels somewhat lose. I have checked it myself and a alignment shop and they guy there said it maybe the steering box. It has always felt somewhat lose on this truck.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
No, I highly doubt its the sway bar. Hell you can run with out it if you wanted, the truck would be wobbly but it will still go straight. A lot of guys in other applications (drag racing,off roading) will disconnect them at times and drive down the road with them off although its not recommended.

Maybe try having someone help you and see how much you turn the steering wheel before the wheels start to move. Check linkage in the steering line to see if something has some extra play in it. Watch the shaft going into the steering box and see if it moves a decent amount before the pitman arm on the bottom of the steering shaft start to move.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I wonder if there is a bushing bad in the radius arm or something not right with the rear suspension. If it drives straight until you accelerate or break it has to be something that sees more pressure during these situations. Does it pull more during accelerating or breaking?

I was thinking the same...

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Could be moving around on you during either of the situations though. Broken leaf spring or something like that lose U bolts etc etc. The Bushings on the radius arms could let the front end move around also.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Could be moving around on you during either of the situations though. Broken leaf spring or something like that lose U bolts etc etc. The Bushings on the radius arms could let the front end move around also.

Again... thinking the same. I was leaning more towards u-bolts.

I would seriously try unhooking the sway bar and do a few hard accelerations and braking. If the weight transfer either forward or backwards is tighter on one side with a bent sway then I can see this happening.

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
It may be worth supporting the frame so the suspension is hanging in the air. Then you can pull, push, steer and rotate all the components and see what shows up.

Latest posts

Members online