2012 w/ factory nav sub help

2mcclr

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've got a '12 with factory nav and the stock sub and amp. When I bough the truck the previous owner left a Rockford Fosgate Prime R250-1D amp and all the wiring in place. I bought a Rockford Fosgate P3S-1x10 pre-loaded sub and box simply because the box fit well under the back seat. Simplicity is key here. Now that it's all hooked up, the sub is a little muffled and lacks the low "punch" that I was hoping to get. It's still an improvement over the factory sub which I found to be pretty well useless but it still leaves a little bit to be desired. Is there some other component I can add to the system to make it hit a little harder it is it just the amp/sub combo that's the limiting factor? Any help is appreciated! Thanks!!

djr4x4

Reaction score
The muffling is probable from the under the seat setup and firing downward. I had a downward fire setup and hated it. You could run 1 sundown sd-3 10 behind the seat and see how that amp pushes it.. You'll be happier with the sound. If you need a box builder just holler. I know someone that builds and ships at good prices and they are top notch

Latest posts

Members online