2013/14 DPF Delete Sound???

Reaction score
So what changed on the 2013 Trucks compared to 11-12?

My 2011 Had 4" Delete Pipe no muffler and a 5" Filter Back with 6" Tip.
My Dads 2012 Has the same Setup as above.

Both of those sound nasty!

I just installed a 5" Downpipe Back Kit with 6" Tip with a muffler all from FloPro except the tip is a 6" MBRP. Sounds totally different. Doesnt have that crazy bark that im used to between gears or when you let off after acceleration.

Whats different? Is it the muffler? I think im going to get rid of that ASAP and see if it starts sounding better.

Mpoage

Reaction score
Also, Another thing is when the truck is idling its not a smooth constant idle like im used too. Its very Lopey

Mine had a good lope to it when it was first tuned but has since started idling normal. At full throttle they sound identical but at idle they seem to sound a little different. Its like the vanes in the turbo are tweaked a little different on the 2013 tuning.

12stroker

Reaction score
I have noticed Colton's 13 and my 12 sound different but we figured because his has a muffler and tip. Mine is just deleted straight with stock exhaust over axle piece. And maybe the tuning difference between 11-12 to 13-14 tuning. Because his drives a little different then mine does.

Reaction score
Is it possible that the muffler is causing more drone in the cab than a straight pipe? Truck sounds more like a gasser v8 inside the cab than any of my previous diesels.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Ive noticed our 2013+ trucks sounds substantially different. Josh's 2011 & my 2013 have the exact same exhaust kits, and mine has more of a choppy idle and louder whistle than his 2011 does. Im sure fords tweaked them a little through the years, just suprising the difference in sound.

Jared

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
post a comparison video Jared. I love the way the 11-12 trucks sound, I don't believe I've heard a 13 yet. But this isn't the first time I've seen someone say they sound different.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Ill see what I can do brotha. Both 13's are torn apart right now, but should have one back together shortly. Its pretty crazy the difference. Both trucks have AFE 4" Stainless Race Pipes and Magnaflow Dual Same Side Exit Exhausts

BK39

Reaction score
I'm in for a sound clip. I've been kicking around the idea of tuning my 13, and for sure don't want the drone.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Running these Magnaflow same side exit exhausts with the tiny little pop can muffler, I get killer sound quality outside, and NO noise inside. Its just enough to take the harshness off. Im excited to see what its going to sound like with the aftermarket turbo kit on the white truck once we finally get time to put it back together. These things have a pretty neat exhaust note that's all their own!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.