2013/14 DPF Delete Sound???

SVTDiesel

Reaction score
Not to derail, but I for some reason cannot start a thread. I have the same issue with my 09. I hollowed out cat/dpf, and added straight through muffler, and it is a tad louder than stock. What gives? Is it because it is not "straight piped", but hollowed, or no downpipe? Thanks because it is annoying. I have the follwoing add-ons:

71 atmosphere
CAC pipe
Bigrpwr intake
300 tune
hollowed dpf/cat
EGR delete

Last edited:

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
so are you guys seeing more drone with the muffler? I put a 5" flopro with muffler on my dads and it drones pretty bad. I would have never thought straight exhaust gettin rid of drone. that's the exact opposites of how my 6.0 and 6.4 were

Eric@HoldersDiesel

Reaction score
so are you guys seeing more drone with the muffler? I put a 5" flopro with muffler on my dads and it drones pretty bad. I would have never thought straight exhaust gettin rid of drone. that's the exact opposites of how my 6.0 and 6.4 were

Eric@HoldersDiesel

Thats what im feeling that mine is doing. I feel like I can feel the resonance in my seat when im cruising.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
I feel like certain mufflers have different effects. Flo pro mufflers tend to drone in cab, as well as some of the AFE mufflers. Magnaflow & MBRP seem to do a better job of keeping the noise down, but also out of the cab.

Jared

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
mine straight piped doesnt have much drone. not that ive noticed yet. i would be interested in trying a muffler just to see. i'd love to keep the sound outside and and be totally quiet inside though.

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
Since Jared's 13 is down, can we get a video of your truck Mike? There are a ton of 6.7 straight pipe video's on youtube, but I haven't seen a 13 yet.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.